GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Japan Japanese VW Scene?

NaKoRuRu

landeinwärtsdubz
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
Looking to see how the Japanese VW scene is. Near Aichi/Nagoya. I'm gonna be moving there sometime in the future and would like to meet some cool Nihonjin Dubbers and make friends...

Thinking if I should import my Dub when I go, or selling it and buying another over there...:iono:

DarkstaR

dope freshhhhhhhhhhh
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Looking to see how the Japanese VW scene is. Near Aichi/Nagoya. I'm gonna be moving there sometime in the future and would like to meet some cool Nihonjin Dubbers and make friends...

Thinking if I should import my Dub when I go, or selling it and buying another over there...:iono:

just buy a JDM over there :wink:

NaKoRuRu

landeinwärtsdubz
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
Nah... Don't like JDM... I mean of course there are car's that are badass... but... everyday car? No thanks. Last time I went to Nagoya, I didn't see many VW's. Maybe there really isn't a "scene"... :(

NaKoRuRu

landeinwärtsdubz
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I did see a garage specializing in Euro's (I think). Had nothing but Euro brand logo's on their banner. They had a MK2 in the front... This was in the small city Inuyama, tho...

DarkstaR

dope freshhhhhhhhhhh
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
there was a thread on here or on the 'tex, I can't remember. but there was pretty much a bunch of pictures of a group of guys from Japan who fixed up the MKV platform

some of them actually looked pretty good

argue53

Go Kart Champion
interesting topic... never thought about it but curious to see how the asians take to german cars

Soelistyo

Passed Driver's Ed
there is actually a cult following for mk V's, just as there are for many European cars.

there has even been a couple of magazine editions from afimp specifically covering mk V's. there are loads of ads for mk v accessories / tuners there.

you can check this site: http://autofashion.com/imp/mook/index.html#golf2008
maybe you can order the mag online (site seems to be in kanji though). it's a good quality print.