RCD-510
RFB Automatic headlight sensor
Automatic chrome headlight switch

Exterior

R32 European Rear Bumper
LED City Lights
Black Sidemarkers w/ LED light

Wheels and Tires

OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 ET45 (currently on car)
225/40 ZR18 Dunlop SP SportMaxx RT (currently on car)
235/40 ZR18 Toyo R888 (semi-slicks for track)
225/40 R18 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 (winter combo)
Stock Huffeisen 18x7.5 ET51 (winter combo)

It's year 2009, I was at a car sales expo or show or whatever you call it, where they line the cars up on a grassy field, stick a price tag on the front windshield and invite the public to come take a look. Saw a UG GTI 09' and thought this might be a nice car to have. 2 months later it was still at the dealership's lot when all the Mk6s started arriving, test drove them both. Bought the Mk5.

This is what it looked like when I brought it back to my home in Slovenia (I was living in the US at the time when I bought it).

Completely stock I drove it like that for a while, a long while I might add.

Year 2012, something bit me and made me itch a little bit at first. We've all been there, standing there looking at your car, with an itch in the back of your head and what ifs roaming wild. The mod bug as we all call it had done it's damage.

Started with the little stuff and said no way I'd do anything bigger to my car. I was so wrong.

Well, didn't like the orange sidemarkers (Europe doesn't have these, only US), so I got some black ones and also a black front VW emblem. Also got an Injen filter on a stick, since I was doing something. Why not? Also at the same time went Stage 1 (revo).

Now I thought my car was pretty banging at this point, but it didn't sound like it. So, I ordered a full Milltek TBE with the R32-style catback.

Last edited:

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Called up my tuning shop (69performance, not even kidding) told em what I wanted, ordered the parts.

Told me to send em my gas tank cap for color matching, so I did.

Drove like that for a while, quite the spectacle to everyone.

While waiting for the R32 bumper and TBE, I got bored so I went on eBay to check out some of the LED interior lights (parking light and license plate ones too) and I bought some CAN BUS ones, to dismiss any fears of a bulb out error.

Looked pretty good in the end.

The interior was now bright as hell.

Last edited:

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
The TBE and bumper arrived a week later and we went to work.

Stripped the back-end

Our workplace

We started when it was still light outside and I think we ended working till 3 or 2 in the morning. When we were done we were pretty exhausted (no pun intented) and went for a test drive, then went home to crash.

We woke up to something nice.

Still in off-road status, but that would change soon, among many other things :biggrin:

Last edited:

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Ran into some money, spent it big time.

Revo K04

Forge DV

Whiteline Endlinks

Motor mounts

Stoptech BBK 328x28mm 4 pot

Forge Catch Can

MFactory LSD

Wagner Tuning Intercooler

KW Coilovers DDC

Whiteline rear swaybar 24mm

Unibrace XB, UB, RB

Last edited:

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
I thought since I would like to see the new power resulting from higher boost, I'd need a way to physically check it, so I bought a Newsouth Performance boost gauge.

Last edited:

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Right now I've bought a new catch can from 034motorsport and an AWE tuning CCB intake that I'm planning on installing in a few days. Also the USP motorsport automatic light sensor to work with the auto chrome headlight switch I bought, but the sensor still needs to arrive.

The reason I'm changing intakes is some parts aesthetics, some parts fuel trim issues. I've had this Injen intake for about a year now and have gotten during that time only 4 CEL lights due to fuel trim being too lean. We'll see how the AWE tuning's intake fares.

The reason why I'm switching catch cans is due to the capacity of the can itself. Forge's is quite small compared to the 034 motorsports one I just got and it's quite a higher tier of quality, to which I'm pleased. Plus it's got an oil return line for the can which I'm debating using, but haven't finalized my decision yet.

Also forgot that at the same time I also bought a used set of OZ Ultras (8x18, ET45)

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Well, there it is, my new favourite car on this forum

Tapatalkin

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Car looks like it will be fun to drive. Any weight reduction planned?

Who's the girl in your avatar?

Dutchy

Go Kart Champion
Great stuff man.

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Well, there it is, my new favourite car on this forum

Tapatalkin

mmmmmmm LSD

Yeah, it's quite an interesting thing having an LSD, throttling in corners is much more predictable and wheelspin isn't one sided anymore.

Car looks like it will be fun to drive. Any weight reduction planned?

Who's the girl in your avatar?

Maybe in the future, but since this is my daily, I want to keep it as usable as possible. When I get a second car for a daily, I'm willing to go berserk on this one.

The girl is Arabella Drummond.

:headbang:Ooooooooohhh...:headbang:

Thanks! :thumbup:

Great stuff man.

Thanks! :wub:

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Some install pics of the Unibrace XB

This was fun and hard work. It also made me realize that it's all bare metal under the plastic facade. Truly eye opening.

Bought some R8 coilpacks, which I've put in the past week after one of my cylinders completely stopped working. Running on 3 cylinders wasn't fun..

Last year bought some Toyo R888s

Put in an RCD-510, which greatly cleaned up the center console, that premium 7 radio was behind it's time..

Installed DoubleApex's USB charger, which is probably the most practical mod, I've ever done. Love the company and the way they present their product through packaging. Hope to see more from them.

Bought into the hype of a turbo blanket, which is sitting on my shelf since December 2013

Small touches, R8 oil and coolant caps