GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jack points on R32

#3821 r32

Ready to race!
Is there a special piece we need to jack up our cars with an aluminium jack. The factory jack fits into the grove. Just wondering if someone makes this piece to sit on an aluminium jack pad.

#3821 r32

Ready to race!
just put it by the notch

my friend tried that on his car with an aluminium jack and it put so much pressure on there it bent the edges. On the VW jack there is a knotch that fits into the groove, i was looking to see if anyone makes this piece to lay flat on an aluminum jack to speed up the process.

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
the notch on the gti il like 5 inches long so it pretty much fits a jack is the jack cup replacable maybe c if u could get a steel cup

9Schnell

Euro-Elitist
Car(s)
2010 CC Lux
my friend tried that on his car with an aluminium jack and it put so much pressure on there it bent the edges. On the VW jack there is a knotch that fits into the groove, i was looking to see if anyone makes this piece to lay flat on an aluminum jack to speed up the process.

Place a small piece of 2x4 (wood) on the jack cup. It can help so the cup doesn't damage the pinch weld jack points.

2k8MkV

She purrs like a kitten..
Car(s)
08 CW MkV

RSC17

R32 OG
i cut notches in 2x4's and place it on the jack. It fits really nice up in the groove. I haven't had a problem yet!

GTI_nurse

Ready to race!
or you can just notch a 2x4 piece and save 10 bux

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
99cent hockey puck and 15 minutes of work :)