GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's Out!! Who's got 7K? (IE450T)

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
$7k would be a nice down payment on a MK7 R.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Yeah with years of more payments. I like the R but the mk7 is not worth the premium.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Premium over what - buying a MK6 R and then dropping another $7k, plus supporting mods and labor? I'd rather have the MK7 and just get a tune and be satisfied.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I'm just saying current R owners would take a hit to trade up.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I agree 100% that $7K is too much but if you compared with APR Golf R Stage3 kit =$6880
http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/stage3_trans20t_ea113_awd.html

The main competitor for IE450T kit is the APR stage3 one, The maximum APR power is 425WHP/412WTQ for 104RON while the IE deliver 450WHP/460WTQ.
That's why I guess IE kept the price in the same level as APR one!

I am not doing marketing for IE kit but I am a big fan for EFR turbos while I am running GTX for now!

IMO, IE have to sell the kit without software because SW only will be around $1k~$1.3k so in this case the price will be reduced.
Ex. I am running Dm big turbo file so I will pay the differences only in this case so I will able to save around $1k

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
It's a very nice looking kit. This is probably intended for the customer that wants a simple "turn key" solution.

Also, don't forget that the 450whp is on 100 octane and with upgraded internals

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
I like how they have no lift shift and real launch control. It looks like a well made kit with those little things that make a big difference. At basically the same price you'd have to be mad to get the APR stage 3 over this.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Wow, the forum is slowing down. 2-3 yes ago this thread would have been at like 5 pages by now. Makes me a little sad :-(

Yeah lol it's pretty much just you, the DM guy's, the big turbo dudes, and a couple others in between. Even the stance bros are gone haha

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I was gonna post yesterday and didn't... It seems like a nice kit, but I agree, could piece together cheaper. I guess they make you pay extra for the convenience of buying everything you'd need, right now.

k04 and stuff.

live4something

Ready to race!
I was gonna post yesterday and didn't... It seems like a nice kit, but I agree, could piece together cheaper. I guess they make you pay extra for the convenience of buying everything you'd need, right now.

k04 and stuff.
That's the crazy part though...7k and it doesn't come with the intake specifically designed for it ($400) or a fuel pump.

I'm going to call this the APR effect

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
That's the crazy part though...7k and it doesn't come with the intake specifically designed for it ($400) or a fuel pump.

I'm going to call it this the APR effect

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'd have to agree with that... They see APR getting away with it, and say why can't we? Well offer a slightly better product at a slightly higher price and see where it goes.

k04 and stuff.