GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is there any way to tell how much oil a 2.0T burns without driving it for 1,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphron

CW :)!
Mine always goes through a ton of oil between oil changes. Keep a quart, and a coilpack in the hatch on the right, fits perfect! But my car has been through hell and has never left me stranded! I love this thing, can't wait until its paid off!

MK-FIVE

Banned
Car(s)
VOLKSWAGEN GTI 2006
Your gti should never burn through more than a quart to a quart and a half of oil of regular driving before every oil change or about 3,000 miles. If it does, than you have a problem.

MK-FIVE

Banned
Car(s)
VOLKSWAGEN GTI 2006
No your wrong stop giving out false information and research

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Dude don't even post if you don't know what you're doing in here. All I said was that burning oil is bad. I know turbo cars are supposed to have a tendency to burn oil, but it can also be a sign that the piston rings are going bad as well. Anyways totally depends on the type of oil you put.

MK-FIVE

Banned
Car(s)
VOLKSWAGEN GTI 2006
No your wrong stop giving out false information and research

Ok mr. Smarty pants, explain whether it's good or bad for our cars to burn oil. Since you seem to have some sort of phD and know what's right vs. wrong.

Can't say nothing, because someone else will just say "no" and have no reason to back up his sayings except for the fact that there is "false" research. Everyone knows that it's a problem for our cars when it starts to burn too much oil. Especially on regular driving no redlining or harsh driving.

Rukbars1

I F' with the cougars
Ok mr. Smarty pants, explain whether it's good or bad for our cars to burn oil. Since you seem to have some sort of phD and know what's right vs. wrong.

Can't say nothing, because someone else will just say "no" and have no reason to back up his sayings except for the fact that there is "false" research. Everyone knows that it's a problem for our cars when it starts to burn too much oil. Especially on regular driving no redlining or harsh driving.

You sound like an idiot who says smarty pants anymore consumption rate is more than 1 or 1 1/2 quarts every 3k.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mkv+oil+consumption+

MYGTI07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
I got my 2007 used with 38,000 miles. Im now at 42,581 and its gone through 1 quart.
Life goes on

MK-FIVE

Banned
Car(s)
VOLKSWAGEN GTI 2006
You sound like an idiot who says smarty pants anymore consumption rate is more than 1 or 1 1/2 quarts every 3k.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mkv+oil+consumption+

Dude you really don't pay attention do you. The average gti with no problems and low mileage with daily driving shouldn't exceed a quart of oil maybe two at the most at every oil change. And I am basing it on PENTOSIN oil.

It's funny because Everytime there's some kinda "dr. Phil" in this forum that says no. It's like they have a ego that they know everything they say is right lol.
Get your facts straight Next time you talk.

MK-FIVE

Banned
Car(s)
VOLKSWAGEN GTI 2006
I got my 2007 used with 38,000 miles. Im now at 42,581 and its gone through 1 quart.
Life goes on

This is exactly what I was talking about!!! 1 quart!!! If it drinks more that 1.5 or maybe even 2 quarts per oil change than you need to either fix something or make sure your Pcv is revised!!! And also check in the intercooler.

MK-FIVE

Banned
Car(s)
VOLKSWAGEN GTI 2006
No

Your an idiot!!!! I said that if it burns more than 1 quart to 1.5 and now I'm saying even 2 quarts, at the most!!! Before an oil change which I consider 3k miles. Than somethings wrong with your gti and that's with daily driving under normal human driving not hard driving.

The fact is dude, you just said "no" makes you look like a fool for saying that because I was right. Even in your own post of the search on google, it says that people are burning more than 2-3 quarts of oil and that's a problem!!!

Anyways I'm done

Ruksbar is naive!!! Period!!!

No wonder it's so hard to give advice. Because there is douchebags that feel so confident and decide to tell people they are wrong when they know they are!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.