GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is Russia safe for Asians?

vw761

Ready to race!
I'm planning my Fall Trip to Europe. I had for months got excited to go to St. Petersburg, Russia in October as prices are pretty damm low in fall. However, I ran into a Hulu video " From Russia with Hate" that showed skinheads killing and beating up Asians and blacks. And than after that I read articles and watched youtube videos on the subject. Now I am torn whether its worth the risk. I am Chinese.

I have a strong itch to see Europe but not tourist Europe so I ruled out the usual Italy, London, Paris thing. I thought Russia was a bit off the beaten path so that was my choice. Still love to go but you know, I'm not Jackie Chan.

What do you guys that have been to Russia think? I'm thinking about seeing Poland and Germany instead now.

carbuyer

Ready to race!
I'm planning my Fall Trip to Europe. I had for months got excited to go to St. Petersburg, Russia in October as prices are pretty damm low in fall. However, I ran into a Hulu video " From Russia with Hate" that showed skinheads killing and beating up Asians and blacks. And than after that I read articles and watched youtube videos on the subject. Now I am torn whether its worth the risk. I am Chinese.

I have a strong itch to see Europe but not tourist Europe so I ruled out the usual Italy, London, Paris thing. I thought Russia was a bit off the beaten path so that was my choice. Still love to go but you know, I'm not Jackie Chan.

What do you guys that have been to Russia think? I'm thinking about seeing Poland and Germany instead now.

im asian and im making fun of you...

im sure you can find videos of people beating up asians and blacks here in the US, does that mean you should be a pussy here?

and what is with the bullshit you said about wanting to go to the "tourist" europe, but then being scared to go off the beaten path, you fail.

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
I'd say Germany and Poland regardless. More stuff to see I'd say. Cleaner too. I've never had the urge to visit Russia or even eastern Europe. If you have some undying urge to visit Russia, then by all means, go for it; but I would stick to the more populated areas for my trip. Even though there are undoubtedly skin heads in Germany and Poland lol, I'd say it's a safer bet and more desirable with more things to do, in my opinion that is.

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
there are lots of black ppl in poland, according to all my polish born friends...

id deff go to russia if i had the chance...

Last edited:

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
fyi, probably more than half of Russia's land is in Asia.

MarkR

Ready to race!
meh, russia would be one of the last places id like to see as others have mentioned. its cold there and its a dump ever since the soviet union took a shit. go to spain or portugal or some other european country.

xXANCHORMONXx

Banned
Car(s)
2003 EVO GSR
ive gone to Switzerland, England, Germany, France and Italy. I will never fuck with russia. I dont want to come home with another hand growing out of my chest

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
Car(s)
08 BMP GTI
unless every person is a skinhead, you should be fine.... its like every other country, dont do dumb shit and you'll be fine

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
LMAO it is funny seeing people stupid opinions about a country they know nothing about.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Have you seen the riot videos from Canada? Don't go there either...

Seriously, most tourist spots in Russia will be safe, just don't go off the beaten path or at night.

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
Car(s)
08 BMP GTI
meh, russia would be one of the last places id like to see as others have mentioned. its cold there and its a dump ever since the soviet union took a shit. go to spain or portugal or some other european country.

have u been there? i hear from "russians" and "tourists" moscow and st. pete are incredible places with great night life... plus both cities have great history