GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IRS

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Never even got the first "stimulus", after signing up for direct deposit and not seeing it for months they told us we entered our information too late, which is odd since the website to enter it was active after weeks of displaying a "too busy to process" error after being launched. Had no message advising it was not processing info but hey, it's the IRS. So they mailed us a check instead which clearly had never arrived (and still hasn't). Another great tax dollar suck, the USPS.

But it's ok, they have been 'investigating' for the last 52 days, 8 more and it'll be their full 60 day investigation period..........I am sure they will have it worked out..........LMAO

FYI, also one of the 3 dozen or so reasons why I happily set my filings so that I owe them at the end of the year. I have NEVER been put out by the IRS dragging their feet on processing my filing and keeping me waiting to get my own money back. (y)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
They cashed my $109 check almost immediately, but the last time I called my return hasn't been processed yet. I would never have known except that their computer automatically spit out a letter to me that they never received it and to send a duplicate. So I sent a duplicate and of course that one hasn't been processed. NOW they and their website state to not send a duplicate. It's been 10-1/2 months from the time they received the original return. I already typed up a complaint that I'm going to send to my Congressman. I'm also planning to buy Turbotax so I can file electronically. Has anyone used something better? I'm not concerned about the cost, and I don't want to use an accountant since our taxes are much easier since we retired.

Did anyone receive a "CP80" letter that states their return has not been received, or has anyone not received their refund yet despite filing early?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
LOL Yeah, they will always cash a check.

We have used TurboTax for the last 18 years. You get a confirmation that it has been 'received and accepted' plus an electronic paper trail to protect you from the goons.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
LOL Yeah, they will always cash a check.

We have used TurboTax for the last 18 years. You get a confirmation that it has been 'received and accepted' plus an electronic paper trail to protect you from the goons.

Same. Turbo tax is very easy, even if you have a business with depreciation, carry over loses etc. And you can play around with how much col you're going to use so you don't owe anything. Just one very specific example of why I use it.