GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iPod Your GTI

kosmo6

Ready to race!
Hey all, just wanted to pass along some info I heard about the VW iPod integration from the dealership manager. Apparently it won't show the song or artist title; it just shows a track number. It also only lets you play 5 playlists, nothing else. You can't select a certain song or artist. He showed me his Passat, which had a Harman Kardon system in it (http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/tour.aspx). While a bit more expensive, it gives you full iPod functionality. Let me know what your experiences have been, and what has worked best.

Mainy

Ready to race!
I'm running the VW setup in my GTI :smile:

Its an easy 30min install and is better than using an ITrip or similar.

As has already been said the HU does not display any IPod info :frown: but once you've set up your playlists its not a problem and the playlists can be accessed instead of the CD changer.

CDs 1-5 are for playlists CD6 is for the entire IPod. You can move around the tracks by using the HU contol as if you were navigating a CD.

All in all I think its a worthwhile upgrade until VW or someone else comes up with something better :thumbsup:

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
Hi,
Just saw that you have installed the VW ipod intergration kit and noticed on your thread that on the CD Changer, CDs 1-5 are used for playlists and CD 6 is used for the entire ipod. Does that mean all CDs from your changer need to be removed before using the iPod? OR Can you use the iPod with the CDs already inside the changer.

Thanks!

nomios

Touring Car Champion
Do you need to remove your CDs if you want to use those buttons to go through your radio station pre-sets? No

The same thing applies for your iPod.

You do not have to remove your CDs... those buttons are multifunctional depending on what you have selected (CD, Radio, iPod).

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
If your ipod isn't plugged in, does the CD changer then become functional?? (i.e do CD1-6 actually work instead of operating as iPod playlists?)

Thanks