GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iPad 2 Coming March 11

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
I'm at the mall now. The line for the apple store is ridiculous. When will people learn that the ipad is useless? A netbook has like 10x the features, like 3x the memory and at 1/3 of the price. But no, all these hipsters desperately need to be on the apple hype.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Netbook to a tablet is an apples to oranges comparison. Sure, they're both fruit but have different intentions.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
I fail to see the point of a tablet. It's essentially a laptop sans-keyboard with less features but replaced with an annoyimg touch screen that just makes it more uncomfortable to type anything.

Just a giant iphone that you can't make phone calls with.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
They're not meant to be or compete with laptops. They're really for entertainment. Movies, books, some games, light web browsing. Tablets aren't for everyone. Mine collects dust until I travel. Then I appreciate the 10 hour battery life and light portability.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
I fail to see the point of a tablet. It's essentially a laptop sans-keyboard with less features but replaced with an annoyimg touch screen that just makes it more uncomfortable to type anything.

Just a giant iphone that you can't make phone calls with.

I'd figure you might appreciate the ipad a bit more - it's got some pretty good turntable apps available. Not sure how the interfacing with the rest of your equipment would work though.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
nahhh to mix music i need 2 cdj's and a mixer.

OR at least my macbook and serato + controller.

if i wanted to mix with a strictly digital setup and not use a separate piece of equipment i would just open up serato/traktor/virtual dj and use that.

i've seen the little tricks ipads can do as far as DJing, but it's absolutely nothing my macbook can't do and definitely a lot less of what my macbook CAN do.

i don't know, i feel like this kind of crap should appeal to me since i am a "young adult" who's interested in "bigger and better" technology. but it just seems like a giant rip off. like Steve Jobs is the worlds best scam artist. it's all just hype to me.

i'm not saying Apple makes bad products, the macbooks and ipod are genious. Thats what people liked and it was well worth the price. now the iphones and ipads are just taking all the hype created by macbooks and ipods and rolling with them producing products that are miles behind their competition technology wise and much more pricey, but people are still forking up their cash for useless garbage as long as it has an apple logo on it.

thats just me though. if i wanted to entertain myself on a flight or something i'd bring along my macbook with it's 10 hour battery life, some of my music and movie collection on its 120gb hard drive, it's actual disc drive for dvd's that aren't on my harddrive and any games i choose to have on it, a usb port for an external harddrive should i need more memory, and a keyboard that would make navigating everything much much easier than a touchscreen.

maybe i'm just old school though.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
lol, I have to sell these things because I work at the blue box. I always tell people that the iPad is an accessory to any computer and that it's main purpose to be something for people to use as a convenience factor in addition to their computer. If they don't feel like turning their computer on or waking it up or just inconvenient to get to, the iPad is a quick and easy way to check your e-mail, basic surfing of the web, and some apps that can help you do stuff similar to the iTouch. Is it for everyone, NO. Is it to replace your laptop/desktop, NO. Is it a nice accessory to have like your iTouch, SURE. Still need a computer to connect it to to activate the iPad with iTunes, still need to connect it to the computer for updates to the OS, still need to connect it to the computer to transfer content. I've seen people get a great use out of it everyday, and I've seen people use it as a paperweight. Just another 'tool' that may or may not be useful, that's all.

El TexMex

Ready to race!
Gotta love (or hate) all these damn gizmos. I'm personally in the middle, but have never been one to jump on that wagon that says "I gotta get it first". Case in point: The Hp Playbook has yet to come out, but based on current video clips the GUI on that thing looks very nice. I'll wait to see what most other competitors have to offer.