GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introductions thread (Part 2)

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Welcome friends, some great info on this site.

Java10990

Hi all. I’m Linda, I just traded my beloved Mini Cooper Countryman in for a 2019 GTI SE . Great falls green is growing on me. It was that or white. We have a Golf and Golf TDI SEL in the family already. Loving it ,I just wish it was more customizable as far as desirable features go. I haven’t owned a car with manual climate since the 90’s??‍♀️
I’m learning a lot just reading this forum.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Hi all. I’m Linda, I just traded my beloved Mini Cooper Countryman in for a 2019 GTI SE . Great falls green is growing on me. It was that or white. We have a Golf and Golf TDI SEL in the family already. Loving it ,I just wish it was more customizable as far as desirable features go. I haven’t owned a car with manual climate since the 90’s??‍♀️
I’m learning a lot just reading this forum.

Congratulation on your purchase, This forum is rich in general info that you can use but in case you haven't joined the GolfMK7 forum, make sure you do to get information on your particular model as this forum is for the MKV which is primarily from 2006 - 2009. Enjoy your MK7. also for your TDI specifically there is a great forum call TDIClub.com

K177Y

Kit here form Houston Tx. Joined the euro family with this 2009 charcoal GTI I purchased last year in April after my junk car was totaled from a rear end collision ( the car was still derivable, only a messed up trunk that can still close but the car was really old ) I got lucky with this GTI, . . . Stage 2 APR with a APR RCS back exhaust system. I wasn't looking for a car with mods, I was just looking for a hatchback car and found this GTI. Once I tested drive it I heard the blow off valve go off when I changed gears, It was a nice plus.

I have almost ZERO knowledge of mechanics. I have some basic understanding but not much. So with that there are a few issues with the car that I need to fix, like finding the oil leak, change out the ball joints on the front passenger, replace the headlight igniter, Oh and replace the clutch because that stage 2 chip is destroying the ( I think ) stock clutch. So I will be asking a lot of question on here ( forum not thread )

DSC01932.JPG

Crazymarkzee

Car(s)
07 MK5 GTI
Hi all, Aaron from Eastern NC. Joining the GTI family with my new to me 07 MKV GTI 2.0t bought with 81k miles, recently upgraded it from stock once i had driven for about a month. Loved the stock power but wanted more recently finished first stages of upgrades, K04 kit, gfb DV, 3" downpipe, CAI, hpfp upgrade, r8 coils and plugs, s3 injectors, and uni stage 2+. and some coilovers(not installed yet)

chorales

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Hey everybody! I'm Chuck from Iowa bought my first GTI last year 2009 named her Lucy. She's got 84k on her so far have not had to do much to her, recently changed the dreaded timing chain tensioner....
IMG_20200419_080133_387.jpg

Alanhocke

Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GX3
Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
What.... you drive a GX3? Wow, post some pics and tell us story of how you acquired it.
For those of you unfamiliar, here is a pic of one. I would love to have one of these.

JoanNolan

Car(s)
volkswagen Golf
Hello everyone, my name is Johan and I have been the owner of Volkswagen Golf for a year, I will be happy to meet new people and communicate!(y)

Roy63

Car(s)
09 GTI, 63 Type 1
Howdy,
I'm Roy from the Richmond VA area. I just got my son (15) a 09 GTI 160k. I have a 63 Ragtop bug. I had a B6 Passat Komfort, 1990 Mexi Beetle, and a 1990 Triple White Cabriolet. Have a VW fetish for sure. Our car came out of NOVA and og was in NC. I'm just looking to gather info aid in repairs.

Thanks Roy

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

beervenger

Car(s)
2008.5 GTI TSi
Long time listener, not first time caller. I was a member years ago but forgot my username so here I am again! 2008.5 GTI in United Grey in Reston, VA (NoVA). Have a handful of issues that I've been ignoring but now I really want to get the old girl back into awesome status.