GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introductions thread (Part 2)

VeeDoobin0825

Car(s)
2010 MkV Jetta
Glad I'm here

Hello everyone my name is Pom,

Been a VW owner for some time now, owned 3 VW's (Golf Mk6 4 dr, Gti Mkv and my current is 2010 MKv Jetta). It's great to find a community like this one to get in contact with those around me. I moved to RVA last year from Maryland and I never really reached out to anyone until my neighbor told me about this great site. I'm glad to be here and hope to meet some VW fans, enthusiasts in the RVA area.

Thank you for having me here. :happyanim:

CrazyCooper

New Guy here from St.Louis

Whats up everyone my name is Randall Cooper and I'm addicted to German cars. (don't ask me why)

I live just outside St Louis Missouri on the Illinois about 15 min from downtown.

I have owned 4 VWs in my life and my current model is a 2009.5 GLI with the 2.0 TSI in it. I bought the car with 10,000 miles on it in 2011 and now I'm sitting at 90,000 miles and I paid it off last year so now doing some upgrades. It is Black in color so started off with Blacked out markers, Black window tint and a few other minor cosmetics.

Currently I'm installing a Spec V Stage 3 Clutch with Aluminum Flywheel. This project started because my wife decided to dump the clutch pissed at me and the tires chirped it took off and she went to shift and the pedal stuck to the floor. I'm having some serious issues with this install and I'm hoping I can get some pointers. I installed new Clutch, Flywheel, Slave cylinder at first and couldn't get any pedal still. Bought a new master cylinder and installed it and still no pedal pressure. I can get a very small resistance about 1-2 inches off the floor but this is not enough to engage or disengage the clutch. I still wanted to be confident that I was fully bled cause I know these are a nightmare so I bought a Power Bleeder for it and still the same. I am a full time mechanic so I have done hundreds of clutch installs and never have had these problems. (I bought the universal power bleeder kit so I can use on other projects so this was a good excuse to buy one :thumbsup: )

Ive been going back and forth with Spec Clutches and now they want me to remove everything and send it to them on my dime so they can assess the parts. My thoughts are with this being a 2009 which originally came with the fsi motor then vw put the tsi motor in it at the end of the year I have some kind of Frankenstein and maybe I should have received a tsi flywheel with Fsi Clutch or maybe some kind of spacer cap for my slave cylinder so my distance from my slave/throwout bearing isnt too far away from the fingers on my clutch basket which is why I'm feeling resistance at the end of my clutch stroke by barley hitting the fingers?

They are confident they sold me the proper products but I just cant imagine the bleeding process being this damn bad especially with a Power Bleeder.

Has anyone ran into any other issues that are similar to mine?

Sorry for the long ass intro and I should have threw this in another thread but I'm so frustrated cause the cars been down for 2 months now and my heater core went out in the truck in this shit weather so something has to get fixed asap lol.

If anyone is in the St Louis area and wants to hang hit me up I have a big ass shop and love working on stuff!

Thanks everyone and great meeting you!!! :mad0259:

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
FYI 2009 was a full TSI year. There were no FSIs that year......it was changed mid-2008.

CrazyCooper

Good to know and you may be correct but I'm being informed otherwise. The gti was a full year in 2009 not the gli. I'm not 100% on this it's just what I'm being informed of. Also when you go to purchase parts for a 2009 Jetta the option of tsi or fsi is always asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Hmmmm.....interesting. I was working on the assumption that if they changed the GTI to TSI that they did this across the board with the GLI as well. I guess it is very possible that they changed the GLI to TSI later than the GTI. Sorry.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Pretty sure it depends on the build date and how it was locally registered. I have seen posts about 08 TSI cars.
If they sent the wrong clutch I'm not sure it would bolt up. Does sound like the slave cylinder.

Baracoot

Transmission died on my 03 Chevy trailblazer at 162k miles, gifted to me by my parents.

Just bought my first car on my own this past Saturday, a 2007 DSG UG GTI @ 39k miles. I think I got a pretty good deal on it, at $9k. It came with an aftermarket intake (don't recall the brand) and a Magnaflow exhaust. Its a blast to drive, coming from an ultra slow SUV.

I'm happy to see that this model has a very active community. I don't know jack about cars really, but I am hoping to learn more here and perhaps work on my own car.

Its due for an oil change, and the brakes squeak. So, maybe this is a good time to get my feet wet?

new to the forum!! european vw mk5 gti owner

Helloooo im new to the site European vw mk 5 owner. taking pictures of her tmo and will post them up.

I have a thread in the modification part of the forum with my plan of tuning and maintenince that Im going to do.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

heres the link of the thread below.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195914

:attention_whore::attention_whore:

:readthethread: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

rhetoric

Some kid control of her car and managed to side-swipe three sides of my wife's 1999 SAAB 9-3 Turbo, and totaled it w/ nothing but cosmetic damage. Tragedy. We loved SAABs, but we figured it was time to move on.

So we found a 08 Rabbit w/ 97K. Looking forward to learning the ropes and shortcuts. (Also looking forward figuring out what the growling noise is from the engine, but they won't let me post yet.) Trying to up my numbers here! :-(

tomdrfc2016

vag-com

Hi,
Just got a mark 5 gt tdi 2.0litre golf, just wondering what can you do with this "vag-com". I want lights on all time and can you do remapping with it.

Thanks

ZeBlackCat

Car(s)
2007 VW Rabbit
Hey there, name is Zach. Got my 2007 mk5 Rabbit back in june, all I've done to it since is added a Neuspeed intake, and some overall maintnence lol Probably going to start a build thread here in the coming months, once me and the guys move into a legit house, instead of this small ass apartment. :D

martfer

Im Martin. Just bought myself my first vw. mkv 2.0 fsi 2006. Really please with the drive. But within a hour of driving it, stopped to get fuel. Then had a big problem with the gears. Couldn't select a gear at all. Only way to get going was to select gear with engine off. Once going all gears worked again. Meanwhile this has happened several times. Seems to happen mostly when starting car within a short period after turning off engine after a longish journey. Any ideas?