GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior door panels

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'm getting a really badly worn spot on the arm rest of my door where my elbow sits. I made it worse a while back when I tried to clean it. Anyone had success in recovering the fabric section?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I'm getting a really badly worn spot on the arm rest of my door where my elbow sits. I made it worse a while back when I tried to clean it. Anyone had success in recovering the fabric section?

There are some do it yourself posts with reasonable success. Here is one such post, he used plaid but stock or non-pattern fabric would be easier when it come to alignment issues.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72856

I just put some leather TTS seats in and am going to do plaid inserts and plaid door panels.

michail77

Go Kart Champion
Interesting, he took apart the plastic welds. I removed a door panel in the back and cleaned it in prep for this work. I haven't figured out what fabric I want to use yet. Plaid is a challenge as it could show your mistakes much easier.

Eric6014

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2 Door 2008 GTI DSG
I'm interested in this too. The fabric on my drivers side door has seen better days. I've looked around and can't find where to get a reasonably priced replacement..