GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installing an EBC to my mk6

menios80

Ready to race!
Yesterday i install an electronic boost controller to my gti it came from gfb g-force ii.after searching on many ebc's that the one i peak for many reasons such as price,design colours and fuctions.the install was very easy but it need another map cause N75 now only stays plugged and not fuctional.overall impresion is that it works and it works really nice better than N75 and i can change boost,spool etc anytime i want!!:)
My gti is full k04 but no WM.here some night shoots...;)

[/IMG]

Στάλθηκε;;; από το;;; GT-I9300 μο;;;υ;;; χρησιμο;;;πο;;;ιώντας Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

menios80

Ready to race!
Aren't these cars kinda finicky about boost changes through other sources other then the ECU?

I haven't noticed something like that...i think it's even better the abillity to have 6 different boosts..now i can go full throtlle even with 1bar and go fast without make my turbo burn.and anytime i want i can use full boost!!

Στάλθηκε; από το; GT-I9300 μο;υ; χρησιμο;πο;ιώντας Tapatalk 2

Noize

Go Kart Champion
An EBC is so outdated for tuning. An aftermarket tune that modifies boost in the ECU using factory BCS is lots better, tunable for load as well as RPM, with infinitely more resolution.

Pull that thing out and sell it to some guy with a turbocharged car from the early nineties.

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
No hate here. Good job, its different and you got results that make you happy. Now dyno it si we can see what it does :)

menios80

Ready to race!
An EBC is so outdated for tuning. An aftermarket tune that modifies boost in the ECU using factory BCS is lots better, tunable for load as well as RPM, with infinitely more resolution.

Pull that thing out and sell it to some guy with a turbocharged car from the early nineties.

That's your call..i know med17 is a very clever ecu but personally i don't care to have less boost and gain if i drive alone or more with more load this is not my DD car is for pleasure and game time.i see that my car pulls stronger know and the boost is more stable.Also i have i have more options..factory settings are moat for emissions and economy my settings are for perfomance!so i think i'll keep it.thanks for your advice anyway..:)

Στάλθηκε; από το; GT-I9300 μο;υ; χρησιμο;πο;ιώντας Tapatalk 2

GTINAPLES

Ready to race!
No hate here. Good job, its different and you got results that make you happy. Now dyno it si we can see what it does :)

I agree cool for something new.... Now dyno we want you to be first experiment/test subject. Please :)

Looks great though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

menios80

Ready to race!
I agree cool for something new.... Now dyno we want you to be first experiment/test subject. Please :)

Looks great though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I haven't find time for dyno yet but made sone vbox measurements yesterday.even my tyres are not very good i manage to make 100-200km/m in 10.4 ! At 1.5 bar and no WM.

Στάλθηκε;; από το;; GT-I9300 μο;;υ;; χρησιμο;;πο;;ιώντας Tapatalk 2

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
Does this allow boost by gear? Or does anyone know if there is an EBC that would? (maybe U-20T or Uni can chime in)

Also if someone were to use an EBC on an APR tune, how would it react if it continually stayed below requested boost? Obviously it would try to fix it via N75 without results (since the EBC would be in charge), but would it give any sort of code?

Last edited:

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Does this allow boost by gear? Or does anyone know if there is an EBC that would? (maybe U-20T or Uni can chime in)

Also if someone were to use an EBC on an APR tune, how would it react if it continually stayed below requested boost? Obviously it would try to fix it via N75 without results (since the EBC would be in charge), but would it give any sort of code?

Eboost2 can if you install micro switches on the shifter so that the boost control drops boost when requested.

I personally have a Greddy Bspec2 and its great for me, has High and Low settings and can adjust the ramping and spiking, and can also block boost creep and overboost. It is a little tricky to set up though since it goes on wastegate duty cylcles and boost thresholds rather than pick your exact psi.

On my tune which is set to 28psi I daily'd at 20 all the time no codes or anything. Although you still cant go beyond request since I still have my n75 plugged and plumed in to act as a failsafe for the meth as well as for the ECU if need be. If I try to crank it above 28psi the n75 just takes over.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6

One of the BT guys on golfMKV installed boost by gear
was either cruzin01 or donjuan1jr, cant remember who. Search the BT FAQ2 thread