GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Inspection in NJ

Jmp680

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Where do you guys get vehicle inspection in NJ? I have a catless DP and I'm trying to find the cheapest way to get my inspection sticker renewed. Perferably legally lol.

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
I've heard that if you don't have a cel you'll pass. But I find that hard to believe since I haven't been inspected in 2 years. Still have been pulled over for :p

Jmp680

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Thanks guys

45acp

You can fail for a visual, they have cameras mounted under the car at state inspection and watch when a car rolls over. I noticed them at Kilmer in Edison.

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
Where do you guys get vehicle inspection in NJ? I have a catless DP and I'm trying to find the cheapest way to get my inspection sticker renewed. Perferably legally lol.

put your car back to stock, go to inspection, get sticker, put everything back on.

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Other than putting everything back to stock what are my other options?

If I go back to stock from stage 2. Will I get a CEL because of my catless DP?

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!

Other options?

Find a friendly private inspection station.
Go back to original tuner for help, and guidance.
Don't get your car inspected.
Print your own inspection sticker.
Sell your car.

Going back to stock hardware with Stg 2 software will cause O2 sensor CELS, which won't be fixed without proper software. Catless DP won't pass visual inspection in NJ.

SlowNLow

MOAR LOW

private inspection station. that's what i did.

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Just talked to an inspection station. He said all they check is check engine light and emission. Said nothing about visual. Will I pass with no CEL light on but tuned Stage 2?

The cost is $60. But I wonder if I fail do I still have to pay $60 still than another $60 after I pass.

Thanks for any help..

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
UPDATE!

Got inspection done by a local private shop and I didn't have to change a thing. All they checked was emissions and my stage 2 unitronic tune and catless DP didn't affect the process at all!

Total cost: $37.50 for a 2 year sticker.