GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Replacement Costs

CGMK7R

Word of warning for anyone out of warranty..

I was quoted €2,500 to replace my head unit (3Q0035846) in the glove box after my infotainment system sh*t itself. After purchasing a second hand unit on eBay for €140 they were able to code it to the car for a cost of €340 (still outrageous). The €2.5k was to cover only the glove box unit, not the screen or any wiring.

Advise for anyone getting crazy quotes from VW service centres… see if you can source the parts yourself!

mbee123

Word of warning for anyone out of warranty..

I was quoted €2,500 to replace my head unit (3Q0035846) in the glove box after my infotainment system sh*t itself. After purchasing a second hand unit on eBay for €140 they were able to code it to the car for a cost of €340 (still outrageous). The €2.5k was to cover only the glove box unit, not the screen or any wiring.

Advise for anyone getting crazy quotes from VW service centres… see if you can source the parts yourself!

I have the same issue as you did with the infotainment system restarting, who did you get to code your new MIB?

CGMK7R

I have the same issue as you did with the infotainment system restarting, who did you get to code your new MIB?

Just sent you a PM there with a link to the unit I bought. The dealer did the coding for me but maybe check with yours first as I doubt they all fit second hand parts. My independent couldn't do it as the unit was security locked.

mbee123

Thanks for the reply, it looks like mine is a slightly different version to yours, mines a Delphi 3q0035874a, do you (or anyone else) know if they are interchangeable, as there are lots more 3q0035874b models out there ..cheers

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
There are several UK based legit companies who would post out refurbished complete systems (head unit, screen etc) with component protection removed...for well under those quotes...

mbee123

Can you name a few please 'golfdave' (PM if yuou'd prefer) best prices I've had so far is £580 for a new one supplied with component protection removed or £420 but they need the car and it's a 500 mile round trip!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate