GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Information on ECU "chip" tuning

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
i find this article very useful as it helped me alot........

ECU tuning:smile:

AM59Z2x31

Go Kart Newbie
Great article :eyebulge: Answers a lot of questions I had. Although it seems to be written mainly from one manufactuers point of view

Also followed up some of the manufacturers and found this for Powerchip -

"Concerned about your new car’s warranty? Don’t be. The Powerchip upgrade is undetectable, plus you can reset your car to its original setting when you want to. In the tens of thousands of instances where a Powerchip performance software upgrade has been installed, not one instance of damage
has ever occurred or been in some way attributed to Powerchip. An additional full power train warranty is also available from Powerchip.

The power train warrranty may be of interest if your concrened about the DSG handling te extra power.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
thanx for the replies guys..........

But I think that there isnt any kind of "undetectable" chip tuning, the dealer will find out sooner or later... :iono:

GTI2007

if you just go to your dealer for your GTI his maintenance they will normally never see or notice that you have chiptuned your car or they would have to monitor it throw the OBD II port because the GTI can be chipped throw that OBD II port

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
yeah.... maybe im wrong,

but arent there any procedures/updates done through OBD-II, maybe in major service??

GTI2007

the only thing I can think of where do would have to be using the OBD II port is to align your xenon lights if they would be misaligned but if there's nothing wrong with your car I don't think they have to be inthere. Those VW technicians use the OBD II port mostly to check data if something is not working like it has to

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
thanks for clearing that up:wink:

GTI-in-progress

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI 2.0T said:
thanx for the replies guys..........

But I think that there isnt any kind of "undetectable" chip tuning, the dealer will find out sooner or later... :iono:

If you do the APR ECU reprogramming and use their Flipswitch technology, you can keep your stock mode and put the car into stock mode before going into the dealership for service. I think that unless they are specifically looking for it, it will be undetectable.