GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infinity QX30

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Someone at work had one.
Looks nice in person. About GTI size but more SUV like.
7 speed dual clutch.
4 cylinder turbo. 205hp.
$30,000
Nice but would need a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

adam1991

Banned
For $30K, I have expectations. 205hp doesn't fall into those, especially not when it's also tall and heavy.

This is the right general idea, though. Lower it noticeably and stick the 400hp motor into it. Then we'll talk.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
No SUV should have rear seats that are that cramped. I'm not a large person, but I had to do some contortions to get into the back.

adam1991

Banned
At some point, the public will realize that the emperor has no clothes and that these 4wd/AWD tall and heavy wagons have the WORST space utilization on the market.

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Make it GTI sized instead of it being a CUV and it'd have my attention a bit.

Nissan used to make fun cars. Same with Toyota.

Wish they would again.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
At some point, the public will realize that the emperor has no clothes and that these 4wd/AWD tall and heavy wagons have the WORST space utilization on the market.

This. I can’t stand that America has gotten to the point where nobody wants a “car”. Everything has to be a “crossover” which is just a car with a lift kit, a hatch, and worse styling to accommodate those two features.

A hatch should be like our cars. Fun yet practical. Making a Maxima taller with less interior room doesn’t make it cool, Infiniti...

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG

The worst space utilization on the market? That would be a tie between the Fiesta sedan and Versa sedan, if you ask me.

My mom just bought a Honda HR-V, and it recently took 4 people on a weekend trip without requiring anyone to leave luggage behind. So, not all of the micro-crossovers are totally useless, provided their designers know what they're doing. Personally, I'm not a fan of them either, but the vast majority of the buying public just want a car that is quiet and rides comfortably, and couldn't care less about handling, acceleration, or any other traits that we would look for. Now that there isn't much of a mileage penalty, I can see why more people would prefer a vehicle that doesn't give them cargo anxiety as they approach the Costco checkout with a full cart.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I go to Costco in my GTI.

If you get anxious about the Costco trip unless you have a Suburban, you have issues.

Don't get me wrong, I have yet to have an issue getting anything home in mine, either. I could probably transport furniture for half of my house in a GTI (IKEA, of course). But, there's always that moment of uncertainty when I have to buy paper towels and toilet paper in the same trip. :D

I was speaking in terms of the general public, whose collective opinion is that as a soon there's a kid on the way, it's time to sell the fun car and get a 3-row SUV, because that's what everybody does. It's that groupthink/herd mentality that happens when people live in the suburbs.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I loathe SUVs and crossovers, but this one does look pretty cool, in a weird sort of way. Wouldn't buy one, but it's not ugly at least.

Navi

Autocross Champion
it's cool.. basically a benz gla right? Underpowered, but it's not meant to be sporty no matter how Infiniti markets it. Those people get the GLA45. Seems like it's got some great features for the price.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I loathe SUVs and crossovers, but this one does look pretty cool, in a weird sort of way. Wouldn't buy one, but it's not ugly at least.

Not sure it is an SUV. Maybe a cross over.
In pics it looks like an SUV, but in person is not much more than a GTI in size.

WB - 106.3”
Length - 174”
Height - 58”
Width - 71”
Weight - 3102lbs
Issue I see is it is slow. 0-60 8-9 sec.

Classed as a “sub compact executive” car.