GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In-tank fuel pump, in basket, swap help...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I hear ya...I bought the stupid TTRS back when I switched from GIAC to DM and DM was having trouble getting my fuel pressures up. The "USP Hi-Flow(TTRS)" pump did nothing on stock amperage. So I still have it but running the oem paired with the new Torqbyte PM3 for now...eventually swapping in the TTRS into the oem basket just because I prefer correct fuel levels on the gauge. I have taken the TTRS out of its basket and am just waiting for the oem to drop out of target pressure specs. I would've chosen something else but didn't have time to do enough research at the time....wanted a quick fix so DM could get my tune dialed in. Silly thing is is that DM(you know of who I speak of) had me go buy all this $#@!t that did nothing...and then he says..."I will just make some adjustments to the tune to the target pressures for both high and low sides of the fueling".

mars2

Ready to race!
Sorry to bother you again asking for some measurement.

Could you tel me how long is the metal sleeve? 78mm
Also how long is the full pump?

It's to see if that RS3 pump can fit in my VW T6 TSI basket. OEM their is a VDO pump that is 43mm with 78 mm long metal sleeve.

Thank you very much

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Sorry to bother you again asking for some measurement.

Could you tel me how long is the metal sleeve? 78mm
Also how long is the full pump?

It's to see if that RS3 pump can fit in my VW T6 TSI basket. OEM their is a VDO pump that is 43mm with 78 mm long metal sleeve.

Thank you very much
Yes, is 78mm and the overall is more than my 4" caliper...and is 5"(approx. 125mm) on the tape measure. This is from the top of the feed ports to the bottom of the pick-up cup.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yep

jacques1397

Hi Guys,

I found this thread as I have issue with fueling on my MKV GTI K04 - Fuel pressure specified 4.63bar and on 4000rpm and above fuel pump only supplies 2 bar and lower at 91.8 percent load which is max

Can I retrofit a DW65 in my OEM basket ?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes...it will go right in there.

The DW65v does; https://www.urotuning.com/DeatschWerks-DW65v-High-Flow-Fuel-Pump-VW-Audi-1-p/9-654-1025.htm

And the Quantum does as well; https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-2831...mance-fuel-pump-volkswagen-gti-2006-2013.html

Haven't heard as much feedback on the quantum however and the DW65v seems to be the go to choice. Perhaps the quantum is fine and is just less used or chosen...or the Quantum may be louder or something...but I do not know. I have heard it works and that is all I know right now.

jacques1397

Yes...it will go right in there.

The DW65v does; https://www.urotuning.com/DeatschWerks-DW65v-High-Flow-Fuel-Pump-VW-Audi-1-p/9-654-1025.htm

And the Quantum does as well; https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-2831...mance-fuel-pump-volkswagen-gti-2006-2013.html

Haven't heard as much feedback on the quantum however and the DW65v seems to be the go to choice. Perhaps the quantum is fine and is just less used or chosen...or the Quantum may be louder or something...but I do not know. I have heard it works and that is all I know right now.
Any idea how to remove the old pump ? I managed to buy a Walbro 450 as per tuners recommendations. Need to replace the pump now. But how to get it out is the question [emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
There's clips you need to pull away from the pump cylinder while pulling up on it...they are black and should be three around the top of the pump inside the basket. Your bottom pic-left shows them. I haven't done the swap yet and removing the TTRS pump from its basket was different than the stock lpfp that I haven't messed with yet. Look at the bottom and see if there are any clips there as well. The thing is a snap together item...so you need to look for the tabs that hold the bits in place and be sure to determine which need releasing first. If only the three black ones holding the pump cylinder into place are all you see and find...then start there. Probably would be good to remove the fuel level sender and disconnect the wiring and top half of the basket if not done yet.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I cut the 3 clips at the top of the pump with a razor. It lifts right out

Do those other two remaining black clips I am seeing hold it in? Meaning could one ignore the other three if were to release those two? I ask only because I will eventually need to remove my oem and try inserting the TTRS that I have removed from its basket and attempt installing the TTRS into the oem basket to take advantage of the oem sender. My oem may or may not be the exact same but....

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
No, those two clips don’t hold the pump in, the only way to get the pump out is to cut the three tabs

OK, thank you. Looking the first time at OP's pics that is what I thought....was when I saw your pic that I saw those other two. If I recall the TTRS was the same with three when I removed it from its basket. Nevertheless...I remember it wasn't tough figuring its removal out.

jacques1397

Thanks for the help guys

Took it out, but didn't cut those 3 - Cut them on a different place and removed. Plastic welded together, and modified to fit the Walbro450. All holding up and working 100%

One problem, now it seems like my PWM Controller is screwed. Still have the OEM one and no funds to go PM3 Since in South Africa that is 4 times the pumps price, not worth it. Will a Audi A4 2009 Controller work ? Only see it has one plug, so not sure how to run it or modify to run on the MKV system ?

Any other options ?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Other than the TB-PM3 there's the RS4 control module from USP or APR...but they too are expensive and require tuning to utilize them where the PM3 does not. You won't get the most from your upgraded LPFP without feeding it more amps.

But a new walbro pump will perform at oem amperage and should still work as long as it keeps actual pressure on the low side equal to the target. If it isn't...just add a new oem controller.

Last edited: