GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In-tank fuel pump, in basket, swap help...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I have a torqbyte PM3 to order soon. I do have a USP TTRS tank pump that I dislike due to just the incorrect fuel level readings. I found I cannot swap the oem level sending unit from its basket to the TTRS basket. So I took the TTRS pump out of its basket to attempt to install it into the oem basket later if needed. But I first wanted to know if anyone has successfully installed one of these into the oem basket: http://www.highflowfuel.com/ag-1305...5305-automotive-2007-volkswagen-gti-2-0l.html

1st choice - is that the PM3 will work with the oem LPFP as I believe it will because a pump upgrade shouldn't make any difference without adjustability of the tune or extra amps provided by the PM3.
2nd choice - I need help with knowing how to safely remove the oem pump, so as to not destroy the oem basket, so I can install the now removed TTRS pump into the oem basket
3rd choice - install the 265 Lph into the oem basket...or better and just as simple alternative.

The PM3 may work just fine with the oem LPFP but, if not, my hope is to get one of the two options above(TTRS or 265Lph) to work.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Because, as stated, I took the TTRS pump out of its basket already. :frown:

To find out what it may be like removing the oem pump from the oem basket. I found removing the TTRS from its basket was a chore and destroyed bits of the basket getting it out. So I think I need guidance if I choose to remove the oem to try installing the TTRS or 265 Lph later on if needed.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
After looking through the DW65v install instructions, the TTRS may not install into the oem basket. Not certain until I try it, but due to the TTRS having a strainer attached to its bottom, the design of the pump base may be different.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
The DW65v went right into mine. I have an 06 model tho. I've heard you need to cut something in the basket to make it fit later models

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
The DW65v went right into mine. I have an 06 model tho. I've heard you need to cut something in the basket to make it fit later models

Thank you...I believe mine is early'ish as well, vin ending 047000. My fuel level sender is mounted on the outside of the basket like the one on the left with the blue cap: http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu179/VolkerKeil/VW/MKV_Rebuild/SU_C_1_zps6e123e2f.jpg

I will get the PM3 installed and let the oem pump give me all it's got and then I will see if the TTRS fits the basket or not. If not, I go to a Quantum-265 LPH or the DW65V.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
I had the DW65v when I was ko4 it was nice. I don't really think I needed it but didn't wanna beat the piss out of the oem unit.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
That's how mine looks. Mine is 2006 model. Dw drops right in. No issue.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Great...mine looks the same. Thank you.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Looks like I will be attempting to get the TTRS into the basket soon. I got the Torqbyte PM3 installed yesterday and went out today to get data having the old oem lpfp still at work. The low pressure actual stays very near specified now...and doesn't drop to 3.5 bar after 6200 rpm. But the actual is sometimes lagging a bit below specified whether it's a 4 bar to 5.5 bar specification.

I did five pulls today for data in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears:
if specified is 4.00 bar__actual may dip near 3.95 bar
if specified is 4.45 bar__actual may dip near 4.20 to 4.30 bar
if specified is 5.02 bar__actual may dip near 4.92 bar
if specified is 5.55 bar__actual may dip near 5.45 bar

Unfortunately the high pressure specified still stays mostly at 110 bar at full throttle...specified goes up to 130 bar when throttle valve angle is 7% to 12% following each pull and I cruise lightly on the throttle.
Confusing me badly...will see what GIAC has to say about this because they told me once the low pressure actual stops dropping to 3.5 bar...the high specification should resume its 140 bar request.

mars2

Ready to race!
Hi could you tell me what is the outside diameter of the TTRS PUMP.
I have to fit one in my VW T6 TSI that got OEM a VDO 43mm Outside diameter.

Is the TTRS pump also VDO with part number start by A2C.....

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Not sure which supplier supplied the pump for the TTRS...mine measures just under 43mm Dia.. 42.5 to 42.7mm when measured three times. The Part number stamped on mine is 9xxxxxxxxxxxx.

U.G.MKV

Stealth mode
Car(s)
2007 mkv
I've seem a lot of these pump threads and just can't help to think outside the box. We don'r really need to use any part of the stock fuel pump system on our cars. I'm simply going use an ample pump and fab up 1/2 fuel pick up in my tank, then I have a pretty vast choice of fuel pumps I can use. Like a cup car or any other race car for that matter. You can still use the oe basket in place so the fuel gauge works.