GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Immobilizer issue

EndriMK5

Car(s)
MK5 GTI
So I have a 2008 MK5 GTI and I lost my key for it the problem I am facing now is that I have another key I got from the dealer so I can crank the car but will not start due to immobilizer also the key cannot be programed because the dealer said that I need to replace my ECU and my cluster now that is more than $3000 and I don't have that type of money to throw at that car I have been researching and there are ways to turn off the immobilizer but it seems a lot harder to do with the mk5 and up. I need some help or links as to where I can send the ECU so they can do it for me or if you have any ideas please send me anything you can think of thank you so much

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
That is what makes no sense why the need for a new Ecu & cluster if they were original to the car and were working just fine before and all you did was lose the last key for this car. A key fob cut and setup for programing based on your VIN is like a few hundred dollars plus the tow cost to a dealer for finish programing.

Remember that if you do go the Immo delete route you are losing the theft protection feature & if the key is found by someone they can drive away with the car.