GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Im having issues Ive never heard/read about...advice please

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
Ok so my car *seems* to run fine. Idles fine, sounds fine, everything, BUT Im having weird electrical issues that I cant find the reason why!

1. My reverse lights dont come on. Ive checked the bulbs, Ive checked all connections, everything. I cant seem to find out why my reverse lights dont come on when Im going backwards.

2. I cant turn traction on/off. I press it, or press and hold it, and it doesnt turn off/on, at all. The light under it still illuminates the button(if thats relevant at all) but I dont know why its just not communicating with the ecu or something?

Thats pretty much it, Im getting pretty worried because I cant find the cause of the issues.

Anysuggestions?

jacquesvdub

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TR MkV GTI
Wow that sux. Electronics for you. Have you tried to disconnect the battery for a minute or so?

That pretty much resets your cars electronics.

Good luck

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Check the reverse switch on the transmission. Do you have an auto or a manual?

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
It's a manual, I checked the switch, and the wirings plugged into it

I've also left the battery off for a few minutes but that didn't do it

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Did anyone vagcom ur car recently ?? Check that. If all else fails go to dealer.

posted with my phone

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
My car is outta warranty :(

Was hoping to find some other solutions before going

I did vag my car last bight but it didn't find anything

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
Car(s)
'12 4 door GTI
Not even a fuse?

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
No, checked interior and exterior fuses, everythings fine. Can't find loose connections anywhere either but I could be wrong

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Check to be sure 5 amp fuse '4' is in the fuse panel in the interior fuse box. also make sure its not blown. this supplies power to the switch. turn key on and check power at the reverse switch.

Gyntry

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2012 Golf R
I've heard weird electrical issues and other oddities stemming from the hatch not being closed entirely. A shot in the dark, but worth a shot.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
r u sure u didnt accidently turn off ur tails with vag-com, sounds odd i know but in looking for the answer we gotta think dumb sometimes.

VWCASH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2007
Could be the J519 acting up seen it do weird stuff with the lights all the time. Also did you see if your reverse light bulbs are good!

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
j519? huh? And yes I check the bulbs. Their the inner ones right?

r u sure u didnt accidently turn off ur tails with vag-com, sounds odd i know but in looking for the answer we gotta think dumb sometimes.

That sounds so crazy but also probably the only valid solution right now. Thanks man next time I can vag it Ill see if I can figure something out.

VWCASH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2007
J519 is the module that controls the lighting and other electrical stuff everything goes threw that if it sees something it does not like it will cut power. You need to scan the whole car and see if any codes pop up.