GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm back....

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
Just got home from classes car was running fine. Let it sit for about 1 hour. I pull out of my driveway and about 100 yards away from my home check engine light comes on... (oh how I miss you)! Anyway when it came out it sounded like my oil cap was off; really loud sputtering. I pull into a parking lot and check all the connections ex, oil cap, dip stick, engine cover. Everything seemed fine.. Except for the loud sputtering, it would stop when I took my foot off the gas. Im gonna get it scanned tomorrow but, can anyone tell me what i'm in for...?

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
No blinking CEL, so miss firing it out of the question. Also I have the 100k service done 4k ago including, plug, packs

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
Oil level is prefect, I asked the tech to check my vacuum line inside the engine at the 100k service he said they looked okay. But I hope it's not a blown head gasket. I hope it just a vacuum leak. I'll keep you guys updated.

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
problem solved... The night before I got stuck in the snow and tried turning off my esp and put it into stick mode and floored it. Apparently it did something funky with the camshaft position sensor causing a delayed code. But it was cleared and updated. So hopefully no more problems. As far as the sputtering... I don't know what caused it, but it was gone as soon as the code was cleared. :biggrin: Gotta love the volkswagens :yikes:

That info might have been kind of helpful in your diagnosis...
Also, that's a terrible idea to get out of snow. Losing your grip will not help you move and I doubt you're on studded tires.