GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm back from the Navy, and earlier than I wanted to be...

Draz

Ready to race!
I've heard that Werner Enterprises has a good training program. Also, you will not make a lot of money fresh out of trucking school and with your first companies. The money comes as you gain experience. None of this advice is first-hand, it's just what I've heard from people in the industry. Good luck.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
My dad spent 27 years in the Navy and loved it, reminisces wistfully about it all the time.
For every one person that spends 20 years in and loves it there are 100 more who hated it.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Welcome back man. Sorry about the discharge? Was it an honorable? Will you get your disability or health benefits?

My bro was honorably discharged from the Navy after having a siesure... he was very bummed out so I know how it goes. Good luck with the CDL!

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Take a piece of paper, write your screen name on it. Lay that piece of paper on top of your DD214 blocking out all personal info. Take a picture of the DD214 and post it.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
If I had a scanner that connected to a Chromebook I would do that KYGTIGuy. But No, it was a General Discharge due to a letter to the CO for Recommendation for Entry Level Medical Separation. Made it all of 28 days in Boot Camp. And the worst part about it... I owe them $571.65 since they Over paid me on my month there.

Good news is, the previous employer will take me back. They just needed a copy of the DD 214 and the Letter of Recommendation for Separation for Medical. I'm guessing some loophole in the law pertaining to Military and Veterans and their previous employment means that some conditions the civilian jobs don't have to rehire, but if it is medical (falls under general) or honorable discharges then they do... :iono:

Edit: And I get no health benefits since I didn't make it past boot camp... Not sure if the VA will help or not. I was told at RTC they would in most cases. And I feel weird about my "status" being labeled a Vet, but because of that DD 214 and making it to RTC, the Navy says I'm Technically a Veteran. I don't call myself one though. I believe those who put their life on the line for our country and who serve the time of their contract are the Veterans.

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear that man but 110 is quite high for a resting heart rate. It may have been for the better. What rate were you signed up for?

I am in the Navy myself. I just finished my five years and signed up for another five. I don't love it but don't hate it either. I said I wasn't going to re up but after I gave it a lot of thought, the good times far outweighed the bad and the job is alright being a sonar tech on a submarine. Yes the command did some retarded things and my chief had the division muster bright and early because people couldn't show up on time but I had bad bosses as a civilian too. There are people bitching and griping at any job be it garbage man or engineer at Ford or CEO of Google. Will I make it a career? I don't know, maybe. It's treated me well so far.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
KYGTIGuy, get over yourself...

STS3/SS: I was signed up for AECF, not sure if I was going FC or ET till after A School.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear about the discharge man. I had a real close friend that enlisted in the Army, but his recruiter was trying to make quota and didn't mention my friend's shellfish allergy. It would have been okay had they known, since they have alternate meals for these guys. But when asked day 1 about any allergies and this came up, he was discharged for falsifying his forms. Never to be eligible to enlist for any military branch again.

But hey in the bright side, they're looking out for you. Maybe they're right and you shouldn't be putting that kind of stress on your body :iono:

butchered by autocorrecr

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully that is their intention is to look out for you... but I just wish one thing was done before I was shipped home. And that would have been a full medical check up to make sure I'm not taking any bug home to get family and friends sick, or me... I got home on tuesday around 11:30P, next hour home started feeling a cold really set in. I'm still sick and no job or insurance at this moment to get seen. It is mostly sinus congestion and cough now, but two days ago I was having hot and cold flashes and fever of 103...

They take real good care of you while you are in training, but after that, they could care less. And the stinger to the whole thing. Insurance under the ACA for my wife and I is a grand/month :yikes: At centurylink (my old job which I should be back at by the end of this week) was only 300/month and for three times the coverage!!!!

Anyways, I'm sleeping sitting up since once I lay down I start coughing severely. But I'm on the up swing, so soon I'll be able to sleep in my bed again...

Dillpa

Passed Driver's Ed
A abnormally high heart rate is nothing to trifle with, someone I knew had a similar condition and did not take his docs advice to avoid exercise. He died during a friendly basketball game.

I'm on the opposite spectrum, my heart has got down to 32 when in shape. I practically faint and I have a hard time focusing.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
A abnormally high heart rate is nothing to trifle with, someone I knew had a similar condition and did not take his docs advice to avoid exercise. He died during a friendly basketball game.

I'm on the opposite spectrum, my heart has got down to 32 when in shape. I practically faint and I have a hard time focusing.
Even if you're in shape that's not right, especially if it's causing you problems. Please go get it looked at.