GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm back from the Navy, and earlier than I wanted to be...

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
Normally for a discharge they should do a final check up on you as a part of the check out process.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
wow, lots of doctors on the forum.

sucks about the discharge. if your cardiologist felt it was safe, then i trust him over the navy, but you cant really blame them for being overly safe. if you are sick with a fever than your high hr is partially from that, but this may be a blessing in disguise and the best thing for your health.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
You got luck my man. The Navy sucks. I was in for 4 years and pretty much hated my life, but then again my command was fucking retarded. I was in the Ceremonial Guard in DC, basically just glorified lawn ornaments.

I couldnt take the group punishment because one person was a retard. Some dude hooks his pick up truck to the back door of the barracks and rips the door off. We all get punished for his dumbass, we had to have a watch in the Barracks from them on.

Just random petty shit they would pull to make our lives miserable, like scraping excess wax of the floor for 8 hours because the watch commander was in a bad mood.

Someone shows up with a dirty uniform... 5am uniform inspections for the entire command of 200 people. The military is fucking retarded, you lucked out.

Like I said, I did my 4 years, kept me head down, never made a fuss, but the day I separated I packed my shit, took the Metro to the airport and never looked back. Got my college paid for but man it was SO not worth it.

I'd like to clarify, I'm bitter because of one command, my last 2 years I spent doing clerical work at NNMC, I loved it, but I knew there was a chance that if I reenlisted I might end up at another bullshit command like my first. I NOPE'd the fuck out of there ASAP.

I think I know who the kid was that ripped the door off.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
wow, lots of doctors on the forum.

sucks about the discharge. if your cardiologist felt it was safe, then i trust him over the navy, but you cant really blame them for being overly safe. if you are sick with a fever than your high hr is partially from that, but this may be a blessing in disguise and the best thing for your health.

I'm leaning with this. I'm almost over this cold, and have been monitoring my hr (like I have been for the past 16 years like I've been taught by my Cardiologist) and i'm down to 95 bpm... Normal is between 60 and 100. So maybe they didn't realize I was coming down with something.

And no, they do not do a check up on you before they discharge the separations groups.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Update: Centurylink called me back and stated that "HR Department went through the laws more in depth and found that I never 'resigned' even though I gave my two weeks. I was 'obligated' to turn in my two weeks and that my job is still there"

Funny how things work out when you tell them you are going to have to call the VA and get clarification on the laws... Anyways, I start back with them on Monday, and I'm being given a refresher course then a couple weeks later I'm going in for the next step in training which is for Prism TV (I was just standard Voice Repair). This means pay raise and promotion... Guess they are trying to make me happy and keep from complaining to a VA representative/lawyer. Oh well, I'm happy, got my job back, and the next thing to look into in a few months is a home loan!

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
Fuck that, Yea there's horrible bosses in the civilian world, but guess what? I can fucking quit if I want to. You're opinion is retarded.

Please tell me more about how your bad experiences invalidate that of everyone else. Sure you can quit a civilian job but the military can't fire you just because your boss is an asshole. Fact of the matter is, if you just quit because you have a personality conflict with someone, the employment obviously wasn't that important to you in the first place. Personally I like having income...it helps me do things like eat and pay for a place to live.

No wonder you have a bad taste in your mouth...that kind of attitude won't help anywhere. I'd love to know how ridiculously successful you are.