GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IGGZAWST

destroyboredom

Autocross Newbie
I'm not sure who has exhausts out at the moment but some good names are-

Techtonics
GHL
APR (they just announced for the GLI, I Imagine GTI will follow soon)

btw: whats with the wacky topic name? (edit: got it...a little slow tonight :) )

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
Just my opinion, but my dealer told me it voids your entire warranty if you modifiy the Exaust. The power you will get will be minimum. The chip mod that you can hide is a way better way to add performance without voiding your warranty. If you just want more noise, lose that resigantor at the end of your system and Add a nice tailpipe with your stock tip. the system on this car flows just fine for a perfomance daily driver.(voids warranty)

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
losing the resignator will void your warranty too, ON THE EXHAUST, it is nothing but speculation, an exhaust will not void your warranty. If you have a ported head, cam job, you are more than likely asking for trouble. As a part of their job, they will tell you it is against your warranty, no service advisor will take the chance on an aftermarket part, so they will not encourage you, as a matter of fact, discourage you. A catback system is one of the most innocent mods you can do to your car, and it will give you nice, deeper sound. Turboback is more performance oriented application, naturally, more gets involved. I am yet to see a dealer voiding an entire vehicle warranty due to aftermarket catback...

Now back to subject, Milltek is another option, real nice quality system, they are based in UK and have been around quite sometimes. Supersprint is working on a system, from what i heard, and they always make the best systems as far as the quality, fit and finish is concerned.

d.C

DJ
destroyboredom said:
I'm not sure who has exhausts out at the moment but some good names are-

Techtonics
GHL
APR (they just announced for the GLI, I Imagine GTI will follow soon)

btw: whats with the wacky topic name? (edit: got it...a little slow tonight :) )

oh no!
how can you forget about Milltek!!

destroyboredom

Autocross Newbie
I had an aftermarket downpipe and chip on my MKIV. Anyway, I had a coilpack failure and had to get towed to the dealership. This was a known issue on the MKIVs. The dealer replaced the coilpacks under warranty and the towing was covered under roadside assistance. They covered everything even though they knew the downpipe was aftermarket. The chip didn't have dealer lockout or whatever they call it so they probably noticed that as well if they drove the car. Bottom line- They aren't going to void your whole warranty for an exhaust.

I had a friend at work that had his '01 Honda Prelude blow a timing belt 2,000 miles before his warranty was up. Took it to the dealer and they tried to tell him it wasn't under warranty because of his intake. (which oddly enough was on there when he bought the car used from a Honda dealership) A quick call to Honda customer care and a lawyer and the car was fixed under warranty.

Get the exhaust and be happy.

tydale3 said:
Just my opinion, but my dealer told me it voids your entire warranty if you modifiy the Exaust. The power you will get will be minimum. The chip mod that you can hide is a way better way to add performance without voiding your warranty. If you just want more noise, lose that resigantor at the end of your system and Add a nice tailpipe with your stock tip. the system on this car flows just fine for a perfomance daily driver.(voids warranty)

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
It is against the law for them to refuse warranty work that is not a result from aftermarket parts. They actually have to prove that the part is the reason for the failure. Mod your car the way you want and be happy. If it makes you feel better get a copy of the act and keep it in the glove box.