GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you're thinkin about Revo...

shmeeg

monkey with a hand cannon
Car(s)
07 RS GTI
call your dealer and see if there is a recall for your vehicle to get the ecu programming upgraded.

im getting revo'd next week and spoke w/ my revo dealer about the newly released upgrade. he said some of the vw's have '1/2audi/1/2 vw' programming and that is what the older software was for. i bought my gti less than a month ago and just checked w/ my vw dealer and sure enough, there is an ecu upgrade recall for it. so get the recall done BEFORE you get the revo flash so you can get the latest and greatest revo software. :thumbsup:

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
sounds interesting, i got mine a week after the car came to the states. i'm going to call vw tomorow and see what they say.

tbmx

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same recall flash performed on my '06 about two weeks ago. Completely wiped my APR stage 1. I got it reflashed, but all I was told was it changed some of the timing in the stock programming. *shrug* Odd.

thebigbang

Passed Driver's Ed
Is this the DTC TSB?

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
yeah, maybe the flash is what i need for my revo to work right. its pulling alot of timing and going into a safe mode. and only boosting to 10 psi.

shmeeg

Car(s)
07 RS GTI
tbmx said:
I had the same recall flash performed on my '06 about two weeks ago. Completely wiped my APR stage 1. I got it reflashed, but all I was told was it changed some of the timing in the stock programming. *shrug* Odd.
i dont know how any other programs are affected, just that revo was updated for it. 2 revo dealers i talked to today even said they cant do anything this week because they have to get some new cable for the updated programming.

Is this the DTC TSB?
i dunno. all i know is that the service rep at the dealership said there was a recall for it when i told her i heard there was new software for the ecu.

yeah, maybe the flash is what i need for my revo to work right. its pulling alot of timing and going into a safe mode. and only boosting to 10 psi.

only 10 psi? thats probably bad news. doesnt completely stock hold around 12-13 and revos are holding 18-19 psi? i know a few guys have posted about timing hits after getting chipped, but i honestly dont know enough about it to be of any help. :iono: maybe somebody else can chime in. im just tryin to get the word out to help the community :smile:

thebigbang

Passed Driver's Ed

Until I get tuned later this week to have a more conservative tune, you can take out the negative side of the battery and leave it off for 5 minutes. This will reset the REVO and make you run a timing of 0, which is stock, this is what Wolfcars told me so I did it. Car did feel a little slow and seemed like it was in a safe mode also (my tune was 6-6-9), which has high timing. But after I took the battery off it seemed to pull harder, hope that helps.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
well i thought the update was only for 07 GTI's? Hmm i guess when i go in for my 20K service i'll end up getting the ECU update, then i will just have to go get reflashed again!!! arrghh!!! i will have to contact my Revo dealer about this.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
i dont know how any other programs are affected, just that revo was updated for it. 2 revo dealers i talked to today even said they cant do anything this week because they have to get some new cable for the updated programming.

i dunno. all i know is that the service rep at the dealership said there was a recall for it when i told her i heard there was new software for the ecu.

only 10 psi? thats probably bad news. doesnt completely stock hold around 12-13 and revos are holding 18-19 psi? i know a few guys have posted about timing hits after getting chipped, but i honestly dont know enough about it to be of any help. :iono: maybe somebody else can chime in. im just tryin to get the word out to help the community :smile:
depends how its set... i have a conservative REVO setting, i hold about 10ish PSI, just so you know stock only holds about 7-8. I spike at 15 with my revo.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
depends how its set... i have a conservative REVO setting, i hold about 10ish PSI, just so you know stock only holds about 7-8. I spike at 15 with my revo.

R u for real??? Stock VW holds at 11-12psi and PEAKS at 15psi. and why get a REVO software where you are only peaking at 15psi. You sure you are not in STOCK MODE?? Revo Stock-like mode peaks at 16psi, and holds at 12psi.

What are your REVO settings??

shmeeg

Car(s)
07 RS GTI
well i thought the update was only for 07 GTI's? Hmm i guess when i go in for my 20K service i'll end up getting the ECU update, then i will just have to go get reflashed again!!! arrghh!!! i will have to contact my Revo dealer about this.

yeah, thats what i thought til i saw tbmx's post about getting it on an '06. must be good for everybody.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
R u for real??? Stock VW holds at 11-12psi and PEAKS at 15psi. and why get a REVO software where you are only peaking at 15psi. You sure you are not in STOCK MODE?? Revo Stock-like mode peaks at 16psi, and holds at 12psi.

Yea i have no idea, this is what a VERY REPUTABLE place told me. And i have my boost gauge, it def holds about 10. But i know its not in stock mode because this car fucking FLIES, first gear is useless, and 2nd spins a bit too....

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

x2. that definately doesn't sound right. here's a graph of a stock boost curve.