GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you're thinkin about Revo...

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
yeah dont bother calling VWoA cause they didnt know when i called but i called my dealership which are usually gay but he looked it up for me and scheduled an appointment.. weird how they knew about that but no tsb for the soft clipping.. can anyone give me the tsb # for the clipping.. thanks

I can email you a copy of the TSB and the entire procedure...in WORD format, you can print it and bring it with you to your dealer for your appointment for the ECU update. IM me with your email and i will send it over.

leo delarge

I stay high
they actually knew about the ECU update so im getting it done next week.. they didnt know about the soft clipping tsb.. im amazed they knew the ECU thing over the soft clippnig..

shmeeg

monkey with a hand cannon
Car(s)
07 RS GTI
is the clipping real noticeable? how do you know you have it? i dont think my head unit has any problems or anything, but sometimes it seems like the amp might be cutting in and out.

leo delarge

I stay high
i notice mine when im playing cds.. highest i can go with it not kicking is like 17... anything above that will stay for awhile then cut... idk if it was a fix in 07 but youll deff be able to tell if you blast the music and you hear it turn down

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
This is probably a stupid question but if you're already running with the revo software, why do you need to get the stock VW software updated.... which you're not even using. :iono:

shmeeg

Car(s)
07 RS GTI
This is probably a stupid question but if you're already running with the revo software, why do you need to get the stock VW software updated.... which you're not even using. :iono:

you probably dont HAVE to get the programming updated if youre already running revo w/ no problems. thats why i titled it 'IF youre thinkin about revo'. just take note that if you take your car into a dealership for somethin, they will probably reflash the ecu. make sure you keep the receipt if they erase the revo programming so you can get it reflashed free of charge.

EDIT: and there are no stupid questions....ok, yes there are, but this isnt one of them. there was probably somebody else wondering the exact same thing. :thumbsup:

leo delarge

I stay high
yeah not a stupid question.. im running fine on revo but even if im not using the VW software i want the most update stuff to be on my car just incase.. plus i plan on getting the sps and might flip flop between stock and tuned once in awhile.. you never know

shmeeg

Car(s)
07 RS GTI
yeah not a stupid question.. im running fine on revo but even if im not using the VW software i want the most update stuff to be on my car just incase.. plus i plan on getting the sps and might flip flop between stock and tuned once in awhile.. you never know

i thought the sps was more for like...fine tuning your settings yourself. im getting the basic select switch to flip it from stock/go-go settings if i have to take it to the dealership or if something craps out or just to switch from 91/93 octane depending on what kind of gas is available.

leo delarge

I stay high
depends which one u get.. there's on for stock, tuned, user presets and I think something else and there's one just for tuned and stock

sc0ttyb

plays with matches
I just got back from Alexandria VW and they were aware of the ECU update TSB and did it on my car. Everything's fine and nothing really seems to have changed a whole lot.

They also put launch control on there and didn't give me any grief about being outside the VIN range.

Thanks for this thread. I haven't gotten a chance to get REVO'd yet, but I'm glad I read this first. Prolly saved me a trip or two. :thumbsup:

shmeeg

Car(s)
07 RS GTI
i dont think this is an emissions update. from the revo guys explanation it sounds like its just new coding strictly for VWs. maybe somebody that knows a service person/had this done can clarify?

VRmk3tomk5

mk5's are gay
Car(s)
99 B5 passat wagon
you put this on 5 diff. threads! i think 1 or 2 is cool but 5 is like spam:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

i basically just put the dyno where it was realted to the topic thats all... its no spam i think anyone who put out these kindve numbers would be happy to tell everyone and post everywhere... its something to be proud of:thumbsup: