GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you're thinkin about Revo...

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
mine looks like then when its not boosting right with the revo. spikes at about 12-13 and then falls to around 6 psi. this is of course after it stops boosting to the revo settings...

leo delarge

I stay high
anyway u can find out what the tsb is for this reflash? I'd appreciate it, I got revo for like a month or 2 now and im spiking at 21-22 and holding 16-18psi but it just doesn't feel as fast, maybe I've gotten use to it but I much rather get the vw reflash and then go get flashed for revo again....

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
^^It's a soft recall, so you don't need a TSB all dealers are notified of this, and will perform the software update.

And if you are peaking at 21-22psi and holding around 16-18psi, then you def are just getting use to it. Get a SPS and switch back to stock for a week, then back and you will never get bored!!!

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
anyway u can find out what the tsb is for this reflash? I'd appreciate it, I got revo for like a month or 2 now and im spiking at 21-22 and holding 16-18psi but it just doesn't feel as fast, maybe I've gotten use to it but I much rather get the vw reflash and then go get flashed for revo again....

Dynamic motorworks did your flash right?

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
^^say what? huh...you want to know if you should tell your dealer you have REVO?? I say YES, just go in there ask them to do the Recall for the ECU...most likely it will erase your chip (from what i've heard)...and keep the worksheet, and go to your REVO dealer w/the receipt of the work done by VW dealer, and they should reflash you for free, if the software is gone. (they will be able to tell if the software is gone, in all of 3 minutes)

leo delarge

I stay high
^^say what? huh...you want to know if you should tell your dealer you have REVO?? I say YES, just go in there ask them to do the Recall for the ECU...most likely it will erase your chip (from what i've heard)...and keep the worksheet, and go to your REVO dealer w/the receipt of the work done by VW dealer, and they should reflash you for free, if the software is gone. (they will be able to tell if the software is gone, in all of 3 minutes)

i was saying if i need to ask the VW dealership for a certain thing or just tell them i heard there was a recall for the ecu.. cause they seem like theyre pricks.. i asked them for the soft clipping once and they said only if it was a recall

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
^^ that is whack, if it is a TSB, and your car is having that issue, they have to perform the TSB.

As for the ECU Recall, the DEALER SHOULD know!! but it doesn't mean they will do the service, I would go in and be sure to request they perform the ECU Software update, per VW Soft Recall.

If they don't call VWoA immediately explain to them your situation and how shitty the dealer has been to you, and get a CASE #..they will also ask for the dealer you would like to take your car too, and they should contact that dealer. Then next either go back to that dealer or better go to another DEALER and tell them you have an OPEN FILE/CASE with VW, give them your CASE #...and they can call VWoA and they should perform whatever RECALL is necessary and TSB's that your vehicle is experiencing.

leo delarge

I stay high
theyre pretty gay at that place.. wish they werent cause i can drop off my car if it even needed service and just walk home.. 10 min walk.. last time they were gay i just went to another dealership and they did a great job thats why i gave the crappy dealer a 1 out of 5 rating.. basterds..thanks for the help man.. UG FTW!!!

shmeeg

monkey with a hand cannon
Car(s)
07 RS GTI
yep. recall for "ecu programming". thats what the service rep told me. call your dealership and ask.

leo delarge

I stay high
yeah dont bother calling VWoA cause they didnt know when i called but i called my dealership which are usually gay but he looked it up for me and scheduled an appointment.. weird how they knew about that but no tsb for the soft clipping.. can anyone give me the tsb # for the clipping.. thanks

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
yea the graph that was posted is exactly how my car runs. sometimes i hit 15psi peak and fall no lower than 8-9psi. thats stock. i'll be chipped in a week. i think if you're only peaking 15 chipped, somthing is wrong.