GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you were buying again DSG or MT

KyleSMTL

Car(s)
Lighting McQueen
Wondering what you guys would pick up if you were in the market to buy your Mk7s again. DSG trans or the 6 speed manual transmission?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I’ve been a diehard manual guy for all my vws… but if I knew I was going to take this car to the modding level/power it is today I would have went with a DSG, somthing about just stepping on the gas from a stop and letting the car do the rest is appealing to me😂

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I came from all manu cars and got a 2015 GTI DSG. I'm now purchasing again by moving up to a 2019 and after experiencing the DSG you best believe I'm getting another.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I’ve been a diehard manual guy for all my vws… but if I knew I was going to take this car to the modding level/power it is today I would have went with a DSG, somthing about just stepping on the gas from a stop and letting the car do the rest is appealing to me😂
Agree.

tarheelbob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI S
I'm with @El-bigote_AJ. I bought my '21 GTI with the 6-MT because I wanted the personal and engaging driving experience of a manual car, and to get a nice one before they are gone from the market. It was a personal and nostalgic choice, and I love it. BUT, if I were to get one with more of an eye toward modding seriously, the DSG holds a lot of appeal for me. For me, it was the trade off of engagement and experience versus robustness and performance, but I could easily be tempted to get another/next one with DSG.

- Bob

tigeo

Autocross Champion
For my Sportwagen, I'd do the DSG again for sure. I could have had either during the purchase but the ease of upgrade/power holding was the selling point for me. It's the best auto I've owned in 32 years of driving. Still have my prev. daily that is a stick that my son drives if I need the gear shifting fix but on the wagon I don't miss it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
When I was shopping for my GTI, I really wanted the convenience of the DSG. Just being able to let it do it's own thing. But everybody can agree that rowing through the gears is super fun. So if I were to do it again, I'd still buy a DSG. It's just that good of a transmission.

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
You know, for about 6 months I had serious buyers remorse about the 6MT, I just didn't find the Volkswagen manual experience to feel engaging. Sure I was doing the work, but it felt numb/unrewarding.

After adding a full shifter kit and doing the full driveline bushings, I can say I am in love once again with the 6MT and it feeling more engaging on this car.

So, if I had to do it again.. 6MT, but id do all of that other stuff first before I touched the real performance side of things.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Popcorn.... not this thread again....

I'd go for the DSG again. If it were a dedicated track car then manual but I enjoy the DSG a lot

Last edited: