GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you had a budget of $65,000 for cars, what would you buy?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
prius with a 1600hp 2jz swap and the most restrictive catback i can find.

:sm3:

I'm sticking with my used Elise + wagon idea, in this scenario I'd go 2009-2011 A6 Avant with the 3.0T S4 engine... kind of doing the half budget version of that at this point with the used Z06 + looking for used A6 allroad with the 2.7T S4 engine :lol:

Not a bad idea for what you would use it for at all. no truck though?? Ground clearance would give you more fun for off roading....

right now I got a 2013 cadillac ats and a 2006 silverado 4x4. good combo in my opinion.

if i had 65k to spend on just one vehicle, Id be shooting for an audi a7 or a S5 or a qs5.

Not a 1 vehicle question....... dammit man.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Can't believe medic bumped this thread :iono:

Panda, I (wife actually) have an FJ Cruiser as well. I love driving that thing around, and it's modded b/c we actually do take it offroad. Incredible resale is incredible.

As for $65k....I'd been thinking about that lately, for my next car:
(1) e90 M3
(2) Mustang GT / 302
(3) Porsche Cayman S or Carrera S

The Mustang only b/c of the power to cost ratio. Tons more torque than the M3. But tons more "I'm an asshole racer" stigma too.

I ended up deciding on a Porsche though, because I want something very nimble feeling. But who knows what the next Mustang GT will bring.

Oh, and after seeing a 2014 Vette in person...it ain't that bad looking. And also fast as hell. I might have to add it :)

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm, I'd probably go with a $40k used NSX for weekends and some track time, a $20k GTI for DD (much like the little polished turd I already have, different color though) and a $5k Wrangler (always wanted to try one, offroading could be fun).

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
You guys need to get a little more creative

Big turbo 1.9l tdi swap into an NA miata
Fuck it. Ls2 swap into an NA miata

Peel p50 for work and lulz

457 big block swapped into a Toyota matrix with the "sport" body kit package.

Sent via a microwave.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Working on it now
GTi mk6 w DSG for DD. 30k -have
87-89 911 Carrera coupe w g50 transmission 30k - looking for one
2000 silverado for hauling and projects 3k. -have