GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE Manifold MK5 FSI Software

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Does anyone have any idea on ETA on the software for the IE manifold for FSI MK5 K04s? Since the MK6 Rs software is already out, I'd figure this would be pretty quick to market. (it seems the IE product thread is no longer active on this forum)

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
IE keeps hinting "soon", I figured they would have announced it at Waterfest, but apparently not.

There are multiple FSI tuner companies that have manifold tunes (flapper delete) available. Its the TSI engines that still need to have tunes developed.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
We have a shop here in KC that does UM tunes. Their DSG tunes are supposed to be the bees knees and the local MKV .:Rs like the ECU tunes too.

I believe Hyde said he bought a manifold so he should be doing an uber review :thumbsup:

I know of another tuner... Etuners, the guys that tuned my car, could take care of you

I spoke to DrTechy and he confirmed that eTuners has a flapperless tune for the TSI so the IE manifold is sounding even more appealing

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yeah, since this is going to be my 'last' power modification for a while, I want to get a tune that is ideal for my set-up. I plan on port meth injection with the manifold, so I'll need a tuner that will work with my to get the most out of it, and deal with my car's knock sensitivity issues. Virtual Heretic, you have port injection, what was your process for dialing in your tune?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Im on APR stage 2 100 octane, so there was no dialing in my tune, but rather I had to dial in my w/m kit to my tune.

Basically I just installed a pressure gauge into the open port in my w/m distribution block and dialed in the pressure of the pump and did logging to make sure everthing was legit.
Once I was done I removed the gauge.

FWIW I left my DVC-30 set to start at 3 psi and full at 11psi and my nozzles were originally DO.75, but my last round I upgraded to DO1 with a 5th nozzle in a TB spacer.

Id love to get my car setup on Maestro, and tune it myself with my w/m configured via BM+ or Torqbyte.
Hit up 613B6, if you want to go that route.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Just throwing it out there, I would avoid the UM tune. I'm not trying to knock a company, but their tune blew up my buddies Golf R motor on a stock K04 turbo. Burnt valves, scored cylinder walls, and a popped turbo. This is also the 5th R I've seen blow up on their tune. They make the best VR6 tune on the market hands down! But when it comes to the FSI/TSI power plant I don't feel they have their $#!+ together at all.

@ Virtualheretic, I need to pick your brain soon man. Getting ready to dial in my setup and want to do something similar to you for now, until I get a proper tune from DM (still one of the best options out there).

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Just installed few minutes ago the DO2 in TB spacer and DO1 in the throttle pipe adding to the 4*DO1 in the manifold.
I saw a little Timing -0.7 and -1.0 in some cylinders and it wasn't appears with DO5 in the throttle pipe few days ago.

The IAT is amazing now after installing the DO2 in the spacer, it's more than 60% down after the w/m spray!
It is 42C here now with real humidity and the IAT was ~60 and it reduced to ~22 after w/m spray.

I also get much much misfires in the auto-polar screen but no faults in the VCDS, I guess it's matter of tuning after the manifold installed, what do you think?

I will do the data logging soon and send to DM to get the new file for the IE manifold and WMI.
I will ask for 100 octane file and I will keep trying nozzle size in the spacer and TB until I reach 0 timing (hopefully!).

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190214&page=3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think all?
@ViRtUaLheretic; is it normal to have this MUCH misfires after the IE manifold & 4 ports installation before the tuning?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
What do you think all?
@ViRtUaLheretic; is it normal to have this MUCH misfires after the IE manifold & 4 ports installation before the tuning?

I dont have any experience with the IE manifold so I cant comment there, but you might want to check your plugs/gap and change accordingly.
Just to clarify you werent using DPI previously and you only had one nozzle previously, correct?

Is your current tune a flapperless tune? That might have somethign to do with it. My car did not like it when I disconnected the flapper actuator and tried to run it with the flaps wide open (take that with a grain of salt as my engine is a TSI though).

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I dont have any experience with the IE manifold so I cant comment there, but you might want to check your plugs/gap and change accordingly.
Just to clarify you werent using DPI previously and you only had one nozzle previously, correct?

Is your current tune a flapperless tune? That might have somethign to do with it. My car did not like it when I disconnected the flapper actuator and tried to run it with the flaps wide open (take that with a grain of salt as my engine is a TSI though).

I don't think the plugs/gap is the issue, I didn't have the misfires before the IE manifold, that's why I asked if it is because it isn't tuned yet.
I wasn't using DPI previously and I was running two nozzles (DO2 in the spacer and DO5 post intercooler in the throttle pipe).

My tune is already flapperless and mafless too. It was running perfect without misfires before the IE manifold.

I think I have to do the data-logging and get the updated tune file to judge the IE manifold first and to see if the misfires disappears after.

I will install DO1 in the spacer instead of DO2 and will install DO3 in the throttle pipe instead of DO1 and see the results.