GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Identify noise *vid inside*

http://s735.photobucket.com/albums/ww351/donjuan1jr/?action=view&current=2010-07-14091956.mp4

is there something wrong, i can make it flutter in 3rd 4th and 5th at max boost...

Also anyone hear that higher pitched noise along with rising boost? In person it makes me worry...

mods:
apr stage 2
bsh dv kit coupled with pflo and forge supersize dv
awe dp

ive had it for a while and havent ever heard this, just found it out yesterday while trying to video for another noise.

also got a bunch more videos if needed.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
either the wastegate or the dv fluttering alittle bit. Sounds the same as my Stg 1 FSI did with an intake and exhaust

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
any cel or codes ? doesnt seem like theres an issue with boost according to the 22-23psi i saw on the gauge. if there was a turbo issue i dont think you be hitting peak boost or spiking like that, my thoughts... anyone else ??

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
any cel or codes ? doesnt seem like theres an issue with boost according to the 22-23psi i saw on the gauge. if there was a turbo issue i dont think you be hitting peak boost or spiking like that, my thoughts... anyone else ??

x2 if you arent throwing an codes I wouldnt be concerned. Run some Vag-Com logs.

I dont think ive ever had a cel with this car yet...dont have a vagcom yet, needa find someone who knows how to do some logs. 6th gear doesnt make that noise and hits it spike of 24 all the time. I just dont wanna damage something driving it around.

mkhighfive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
gti mkv
i had some dv flutter and it turned out to be that one of the boost hoses had torn right next to the dv. get under the car and check all the boost lines connected to your diverter valve. hopefully thats what it is, as it is an easy fix.

i had some dv flutter and it turned out to be that one of the boost hoses had torn right next to the dv. get under the car and check all the boost lines connected to your diverter valve. hopefully thats what it is, as it is an easy fix.

so check all ic piping?

ive looked at all the relocation connections multiple times and i cant see any tears...i also do have another higher pitched noise u can hear with boost and i think its part of this issue.