GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

i shoulda seen this comming

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
so tonite as i was driving my car around it started to become verry jerky and it threw a CEL at every stop i made the car would shut off

i belive its the cam follower causing the fuel cuts
as im only here for a short time i dont have time to do the repairs on my car so does anyone know how much the delaership charges to do such a replacement ?

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
they did an extended warranty on the cam follower ? do u think this could be my problem ... what exactly do i tell the dealer when i go up there about this extended warranty

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Extended warranty to 120k. Pull it out and check, it's easy. What's the cel say it is?

porpoise hork

Ready to race!
First things first, you need to get it scanned to see what the codes are. With what youre describing it is very possible a coil shit itself. I would still check the follower even if it does turn out to be a bad coil.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
got the car checked out .. now this is me being a dumbass ... ready?

got it scanned p0101 was the only code it threw . MAF sensor yadda yadda yadda .. looked under the hood (which i coulda done last night) and the sensor wasent even connected it was just laying there on the heat shield no screws no nothing .. soo ive been gone for 7 months in the desert and the only one who touched my car is VW to do an oil change back in febuary .. blows my mind no idea how it came loose ... oh well its fixed just need to find the SCREW SIZE FOR THE MAF SENSOR I HAVE THE NUESPEED INTAKE BUT I KNOW ITS THE SAME FROM STOCK INTAKE SO ANYONE KNOW THE SIZE ?

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
FYI they told me i have the upadated coil pack .

porpoise hork

Ready to race!
LOL i have had the MAF come unplugged on my mkiv countless times. For the screws it's either a T20 or a T25 torx bit.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
any idea where i can pick these up locally ?

porpoise hork

Ready to race!
Sears (for a set of good ones), Target, Walmart, (if you buy one of those crappy tool kits there) or any autoparts store.