GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I see a lot of people...

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I see a lot of people discussing picking up weekend toys, or trading up for bigger powerhouses, like used vettes, C7s, etc. Has no one considered getting a used GT-R?

Currently looking into the used lots for 2013s and under and they can be had for around $50-60k with maybe 14k on the odom. Not at all horrible for a near $100k car with all that potential. The MPGs it totes aren't all too far off from the numbers you'd get with a WRX STI or a equivalent.

Assuming prices keep dropping, a 2013 next year could be sub $50k maybe, which isn't terrible at all.

Kinda confused as to why more of you haven't jumped into those. I'm certainly looking into it. Do you guys know something I don't?

Aren't wheel replacements for these around $2000 for all 4? lol

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
50k for a low mile GTR is a helluva deal. But I would personally spend half that for a fun car and use the rest for track days.

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Would rather have a Cayman as a track toy.

Word, proper track instrument.
GT-R in the other hand should be consider a weekend toy, way too much to keep it in good shape and trash it daily. The local trend I see right now is the 911 Turbo (996-up).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I'm in the Corvette and Cayman S crew for my next track car as well.

The R35 GT-R has crossed my mind, but in my opinion, there's nothing special about it.

Yes, it's the fastest car in its class!
Yes, it has a flashy interior.
Yes, it's loaded with nerd goodies.
Yes, it works in every driveable situation.
Yes, it's value for money was (and probably still is) the best on the market. (Certainly debatable in 2016.)

With all that said, it loses it's excitement because of it. It's an all-rounder and that often equates to boring for me.

Last edited: