GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I rode in a Ferrari F50 today...

binky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Mazda MX-5
Why is this GTI related? He came in to check one out!

This guy was pretty cool. He just moved to SF and was using the F50 as his daily driver (he also has an imported Lancia Delta). The ride is pretty rough because our roads suck so he wanted something a lot simpler and easier on the back. Pretty cool that a guy with this kind of car is interested in a VW.

Anyway after the test drive we were chatting and I asked him for a ride in the car. He actually said yes!! We didn't drive for too long but he got on it a few times and man, that thing is as sweet as it is hyped up to be. Ruthlessly quick, the engine is loud as all hell and sounds FEROCIOUS right behind your ears.

The greatest 10 minutes of 2010 life just happened 3 days into it. Here are some crappy cell phone pics, still pure sex on wheels. I don't know if he's going to buy a car, I don't care that guy made my day!

Attachments

• IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 871
  • IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 876

cbirgl

Ready to race!
Nice - I got to get a ride in a newer gallardo superleggerra few months back, but I was disappointed. The car handled like it should be making 1000hp, but the Audi RS6 v8tt I was in was just as fast except top end.

Still can't beat the look of an exotic and it's cool to get a ride in something like that with the history of the brand etc. Plus makes it easier to pick up the ladies hah :thumbup:

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Holy shit an F-50 as a Daily driver! thats pretty hardcore. I couldnt see parking that thing at fuckin' walmart.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
i don't think a man driving an F-50 shops at walmart...

I saw an Asian guy with a yellow murcielago at Costco not too long ago. He managed to squeeze it right between two SUV's too. Luck for the lambo doors he didnt ding into the Suv getting out. haha So I guess nothing is out of the question.

ArmoGTI

Ready to race!
I saw an Asian guy with a yellow murcielago at Costco not too long ago. He managed to squeeze it right between two SUV's too. Luck for the lambo doors he didnt ding into the Suv getting out. haha So I guess nothing is out of the question.

what the hell... what can you fit like one costco bulk item in the murchielargo? wierd. I can't see how he thought that to be a smart idea... i don't park my dub in tight spots for fear of dings..

OP is lucky. hope you get the sale too... that'd really put the icing on the cake, eh?

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
That. is. awesome. you're already having a better year than me haha

i don't think a man driving an F-50 shops at walmart...

don't underestimate the wealthy haha I saw a Bentley continental GT in a Wegman's parking lot...I guess wealthy people need to food shop too :iono:

ArmoGTI

Ready to race!
That. is. awesome. you're already having a better year than me haha

don't underestimate the wealthy haha I saw a Bentley continental GT in a Wegman's parking lot...I guess wealthy people need to food shop too :iono:

but that's a bit different...

anyone who can afford to not shop at walmart really shouldn't they're not a very ethical corporation... ever wonder how they can sell those polo shirts for 5 bucks a pop?

LEE72

Wow! I wonder if that's the same one a friend saw parked at Serramonte in Daly City. It was in the mall parking lot squeezed in along with all other regular cars.

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Um...so that's all sweet and stuff but what VW vehicle was he looking at..:wink: