GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I popped by HPFP cherry this past weekend

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
:lol::lol::lol:

Well on my way home from school....I am on the 405 north ---> 101 north interchange and all the sudden I lost power, check engine light comes on and the car starts shaking at any rpm above 1500.

Throw my hazards on...

I frantically try to merge to the far right lane (while going 10 mph amongst people going 70 mph!) which was so scary in itself.

Get off at the first exit and used Burbank Blvd, to Ventura Blvd to get all the way to Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas where my parents were waiting to pick me up.

Left the car overnight and the keys....got a call this morning that....(though I had already suspected it) my HPFP was dead and they would be replacing it. :mad0259::mad0259::mad0259:

I know this is a common issue with my car, but I had my car in the dealer not even a month ago for a problem concerning loss of power and low rpm trouble and they said everything was fine! :mad0259:

Thankfully I havent begun doing any engine mods so I dont have to deal with warranty issues :)

sigh...I already miss my car!

returnofcc

Terrible Driver
Don't worry about it. I still can't believe that BMW could make these cars with such terrible HPFP's. It wasn't as much of a surprise on a VW, but it's a shame that an engine as great as the 3.0TT has a problem as great as the HPFP. Maybe you should consider an aftermarket HPFP?

plac

GTI Master
my 2008 135i never had any HPFP issues, but i only had it for about 10k miles. I read about a lot of those issues on the 1addicts forums tho..