GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

i need opinons

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
ok so i got new wheels and springs for my car, asa ar1 along with elbach prokit springs. I had all of this getting done at ntb, they put they springs on all wheels except for front driverside. They told me that when they were going to compress the spring, the cover for the ball bearings came off and shot the ball barings all over the place. they told me that i might have to pay to get a new ball bearings, but i dont think this is right since they did it, how was it my fault that they broke it right?? I donno i guess im just using this to vent my anger right now, any opinions would be nice, i have some picks ill try to get them up

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
if they mess it up, they should have to pay.

72luke

WFO 247
I had the same problem with the right front spring. It was a total bitch to remove. I had to take the axle out to finally get it off the car. Install was not that bad, however, (gravity was helping me out ya know)

If the bearings flew out of the upper strut mount...they f*cked it up. That should not happen if handled properly. They need to buy some real tools.

Good Luck...

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
dude wtf did you go? what kind of idiots would even think of telling you to pay for their mistake tell them to fix it back to stock and go somewhere else man i wouldnt trust these bozo's

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
I have got this done at NTB, which stands for National Tire and Battery. their website is www.ntb.com Yeah they told me that i would most likely have to pay for it cause it is aftermarket work, but they wont know for sure til the manager comes back in tommarrow. This is truly fucked up because their service and ppl that work at this ntb are really really nice, but then they say shit like this. the service manager and technicion working on my car both took me back and even showed me what they had to do with the installation of the spings before this happened.:drinking: :drinking:

Ultimateone

Total VW Noob
Talk to a manager asap and dont let them screw you over man....

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
WTF ball bearings are they talking about? The only bearing is in the bloody CV joint (which is part of the drive axle) which is sealed inside a boot... More info needed.

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
Im not exactly sure i can tell you what it looks like, it is a round donut like things with a bunch of tiny metal balls in it. they said that when they were compressing the spring is broke or came apart. they say it is a common thing in older cars, but this is the first time it has happened to them in a new car. they also said that they were surprised it happened cause the other springs went on nice and easy

veedubbin

intentionally left blank
Car(s)
VW's
its a strut bearing, its what allows the strut to spin when you turn