GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I had a random idea.

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
Woudl it be possible to get my car chipped, and instead of having a little keypad or having to use the cruise control, I use one of the little buttons next to the ESP button? That would be sooo much cleaner.

Azn_Esprit

Oval Champion
That would be pretty sweet, but won't that make it easier for the dealership ppl to find out ur car's been chipped?

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
Azn_Esprit said:
That would be pretty sweet, but won't that make it easier for the dealership ppl to find out ur car's been chipped?

Touche.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Whafrodamus said:
HAHAHA...sorry. That was funny. I got a easier idea. Either VW lets us mod the car or they actually do it and warranty it.:iono:
Not that this will ever happen.

Here's Johnny

Drag Racing Champion
aznkukuboi said:
GIAC's is more discreet... less noticeable in my opinion.

That statements makes no sense. APR uses the cruise control stalk to change programs but no one knows its there, the same with Revo which has the plug-in SPS unit. Only way you can tell its chipped is the noticable gain in power or if you slap stickers all over the car saying APR CHIPPED!

BTW what are the buttons supposed to do besides ESP?

GTI2007

Here's Johnny said:
That statements makes no sense. APR uses the cruise control stalk to change programs but no one knows its there, the same with Revo which has the plug-in SPS unit. Only way you can tell its chipped is the noticable gain in power or if you slap stickers all over the car saying APR CHIPPED!

BTW what are the buttons supposed to do besides ESP?

In Europe there's the button for the tire pressure control system next to the ESP. The other buttons don't have a function.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
they are for after market add ons i am guessing
and yea if u put the chip switch on one of those buttons it would be super badass

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
k with the apr chip its stupid, i use to be all for the apr but im all about revo now, any common mechanic at vw will prolly know about the cruise control stock and just try it to see if your car has been chipped with the revo software and the sps it reflashes the software back to normal or a 93 or 100 octane setting or heck you can even do your own boost and timing
And no you will not be able to over boost the ecu will monitor and at the first site of det or ping it will back down timing or boost so all you do is turn back the knob alittle bit. and the only way they can find out if you have the revo software is if you leave it in 93 octane mode or you leave the diagnostic plug in otherwise they have no way of knowing that it is installed on the car

this for me is a bonus plus with you being able to control the timing and boos tfor yourself makes it a tuners dream come true..

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
Oscar said:
k with the apr chip its stupid, i use to be all for the apr but im all about revo now, any common mechanic at vw will prolly know about the cruise control stock and just try it to see if your car has been chipped with the revo software and the sps it reflashes the software back to normal or a 93 or 100 octane setting or heck you can even do your own boost and timing
And no you will not be able to over boost the ecu will monitor and at the first site of det or ping it will back down timing or boost so all you do is turn back the knob alittle bit. and the only way they can find out if you have the revo software is if you leave it in 93 octane mode or you leave the diagnostic plug in otherwise they have no way of knowing that it is installed on the car

this for me is a bonus plus with you being able to control the timing and boos tfor yourself makes it a tuners dream come true..
:clap: :clap:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
What are the gains with REVO on regular 91 octane? Also, do you have to go and have the car chipped or can you do it yourself. One of the things I hate about APR is that I have to go there to do it.