As title suggests
I’ve got the jom type 2 rear led lights ive installed them to the car no issues

when coming to wire them

I can’t fit them through the boot lid rubber grommet it’s not wide enough

I think one of the clips broke on the rubber grommet attaching to the car body

has anyone installed jom lights success

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Did you try to see if you can depin the plug and just pass the wires through the grommet into the rear hatch, or you could just cut the plug off and pass the wires and then splice the wires back on the plug. Good luck

Nd272

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you try to see if you can depin the plug and just pass the wires through the grommet into the rear hatch, or you could just cut the plug off and pass the wires and then splice the wires back on the plug. Good luck
Thanks so much for the reply, I’ve ordered replacement part as I know now that the clip on the grommet has to come off a certain way which I think the part of the clip broke somehow when taking it off , when replacement comes maybe I will cut the wires in the grommet and put them back together
These leds have an extra spook of wires running in them which I’ve tried fit through the grommet with no luck it’s not wide enough

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks so much for the reply, I’ve ordered replacement part as I know now that the clip on the grommet has to come off a certain way which I think the part of the clip broke somehow when taking it off , when replacement comes maybe I will cut the wires in the grommet and put them back together
These leds have an extra spook of wires running in them which I’ve tried fit through the grommet with no luck it’s not wide enough

Two videos of how some guys installed the wiring.

Nd272

Passed Driver's Ed
Two videos of how some guys installed the wiring.

Thanks for the links , I’m talking to the guy in video 1 on YouTube and see can I get some insight , guy in video 2 I have no idea how they wired from the rear of the tailoght there is no holes that would allow them to pass through

might end up cutting all the cableslocated under the grommet and then re-connect