GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - Aquamist 10L (2.6 Gallon) Baffled Tank

HYDE16

Ready to race!
Disclaimer: I am only providing my feedback to help people decide if they feel they would benefit from what I have installed and tested in my own car.

Water Methanol Tank Options:
There are many tank options on the market but for those of us that want a space saving, easy fill design with baffled tanks and up to 2.6 gallon capacity, the Aquamist 10L (2.6 Gallon) Baffled Tank is the best option on the market. Between the tank construction, versatile mounting bracket and high quality components, this is one hell of a tank (twin tanks!).

Product Description:
We are offering a twin version of the 5L compact tank. (internally baffled). Only 145mm (5.7"") wide. 335 (13") deep and 335 (13") tall. Capacity: 10 litres (10-quarts). Twin tank outlet adaptor is supplied. Tank level sensor are not included (for illustration purpose only) as all our kits come supplied. Pre-drilled holes (22mm) for Aquamist tank level sensor. A mounting bracket is supplied. The bracket is ergonomically designed to minimize installation time. Offering chassis floor or cross-rail mounting options. Four holes at the centre section of the bracket is intended for mounting an Aquatec pump below. Bracket is constructed with 2mm zinc plated mild steel plate and powder-coated (light grey). The structure is very strong. All fixing fasteners are supplied. Thanks to the internal baffle, it utilizes the full capacity more effective compared to a non-baffled tank.

Baffled demonstration, focus on the right side or back end of the tank​

Twin tank with mounting bracket. overall width is just over 5 inches.

Functions of mounting holes

Illustration of rail mounting option with water pump below (water pump is not supplied (for illustration purpose only)

Simple installation (tank to pump) (water pump is not supplied (for illustration purpose only)

Aquamist 10L (2.6 Gallon) Baffled Tank Unboxing:
The Aquamist tank comes well packaged (photo below is after all packing paper was removed). I ordered my tank with a pre-drilled 22m hole for my Aquamist tank level sensor. I removed the two blue caps to peek inside the tank and I have to say, the baffle design is excellent. The twin tank outlet adapter is high quality with a swivel compression fitting for the 6mm line running to the pump inlet. The mounting bracket is completely reversible so the user can install on either side of the trunk.

Aquamist 10L (2.6 Gallon) Baffled Tank Comparison:
Compared to the previous 2.3 gallon tank I had, the new Aquamist tank takes up much less room against the inside of the trunk. This coupled with the fact that I can now visually spot check my fluid level makes it a great choice.

Aquamist 10L (2.6 Gallon) Baffled Tank Installation:
As mentioned before, the versatile mounting bracket is completely reversible so the user can install on either side of the trunk. After locating the mounting bracket so the tanks would sit against the back seat, I decided to use long hex bolts through the side of the mount and fender. Alternatively, you can bolt on an strip of wood (1" x 2") horizontally so the mounting bracket can be rail mounted. First, I measured several times to ensure I wouldn’t interfere with the fuel filler neck or EVAP lines behind the passenger side rear wheel. After drilling pilot holes, I enlarged the holes just enough for the hex bolts. Since the passenger side trunk wall is not flat due to the wheel well, I used various length spacers/collars (3/4" diameter) to keep the mounting bracket straight as the top of the mounting bracket (holes for cross-rail hanging/mounting) will sit flush against the inside of the trunk and may pull or bend the bracket slightly. The spacers/collars allowed me to tighten the hex bolts and nuts a decent amount without affecting the mounting bracket. From there, the twin tanks slide right into the mounting bracket and fasten with the included hex bolts. The next step was to connect the tank level sensor and the high quality swivel compression fitting for the 6mm line running to the pump inlet. The final step was to drill a 1mm hole in the center of each blue cap to prevent the pump from vapor lock. I believe in the near future Aquamist will be developing an integrated external vent solution.

Aquamist 10L (2.6 Gallon) Baffled Tank Overall Results and Recommendations:
Overall, I’m extremely that I can now maintain almost all of my trunk space while having 2.6 gallons of water methanol at the same time. Thanks to the internal baffling, it utilizes the full capacity more effective compared to a non-baffled tank. I have not had any false low level alerts while driving hard or during uphill/downhill transitions. If anyone is looking for an extremely high quality tank option which doesn’t eat up a lot of trunk space, I highly recommend this tank.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Great write up as always. How is the pump noise? Approx cost?

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
That price isn't too bad. I've thought about upgrading to a bigger tank since I constantly have to fill up my washer fluid reservoir with meth

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
That price isn't too bad. I've thought about upgrading to a bigger tank since I constantly have to fill up my washer fluid reservoir with meth

Bro, I can't believe your still running off your washer tank! You fill it every other day? Lol.

Hyde - Great right up as usual. You have to make it out to our local meet one of these days, I know Jay (from golfmk6) said you were thinking about coming out. I'd love to pick your brain about a few things.

HYDE16

Ready to race!
Hyde - Great right up as usual. You have to make it out to our local meet one of these days, I know Jay (from golfmk6) said you were thinking about coming out. I'd love to pick your brain about a few things.

Thank you, where are you located? If you are in the Tri-State area are you coming to DubRun?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Thank you, where are you located? If you are in the Tri-State area are you coming to DubRun?

I'm in Lombard, I run the Thursday night meets at Brauerhouse.

We'll my car is already winterized right now and stored in my garage. Depending on when it is and what the weather is like will determine if I can make it. If weather is good and it's not too soon I could probably pull the old girl out.

HYDE16

Ready to race!
Ah I was talking to Jason Kurutz when I was out in IL a few months back, wanted to shoot over there but had the family. If you can arrange a euro crowd to shoot over to PA, we have a really great all day event and we will give you group parking with discounted hotel rates down the road.