GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HTC EVO vs Samsung epic

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
I have the evo and it is far from an iPhone smasher. For one, the battery life is shit. I can't even get a full day out of it. The video camera is terrible as well, the frame rates are terrible. If ur not shooting outside it shoots around 10fps, and I've never been able to get more than 23fps.

The photos are decent, but instead of adding megapixels, why dont they put a bigger sensor in there and solve some of the issues. But now with the iPhone doing HDR photos it completely trump the evo in the photo and video department.
My phone also likes to randomly restart itself while I'm on the phone once in a while.

Don't get me wrong the Evo is a decent phone, what I have mentioned is just the bad parts. I especially love the monthly price that I'm paying for it.

I have played with the epic, and it is definitely faster and the screen is significantly nicer. But as with all phones, I'm sure it has its flaws.

root that bitch and make it work like a champ

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
I got lost trying to do it ....

posted with my EVO 4G

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
since i do work for sprint lol. i have an evo. i love it. took home the demo epic to play with over the weekend. it sucks. i like the screen but the evo is a much better phone

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
since i do work for sprint lol. i have an evo. i love it. took home the demo epic to play with over the weekend. it sucks. i like the screen but the evo is a much better phone
I used to be all about the physical keyboard, but after evo, I'm against it. Evo is a very good phone, but I did have a few problems that most people experience.

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I have the epic. Just switched from my BB tour and what a nice breath of fresh air. I do like the phone more than the EVO for a few reasons. It seemed the epic took better quality pics, the screen seemed smoother than the EVO, better color/screen image on the epic, the epic seemed 'snappier', epic had a physical keyboard, and epic has a bit better battery life.

The evo does have a few good things in its favor that made the decision tough such as: bigger screen, cheaper price, and hdmi output.

In the end after using them both extensively in the sprint store(GF works for them) and using my friends evo's and epics; I liked the epic more. IMO cant go wrong with either. They are amazing phones and MANY of my iphones friends are very impressed by its capabilities.

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
on HLN news