GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hpfp rebuild options.....

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
So driving home car goes into limp flashing cell them constant. Got it home checked my ic hoses and then I noticed the smell of fuel. Of course I left my vag in Oregon when I came back to Vegas because I said to myself, and I quote, "I haven't used it in years, I won't need it.". Yeah so anyways I'm not as in touch with this market as I used to be so looking for some good rebuild options that may have come out recently. Please suggestions welcome, except APR. I have an Autotech internals in there now and it lasted about 90k miles. Really hoping it's just my pump.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I recently bought another oem hpfp and Autotech internals...still haven't installed it because just wanted it on hand for when needed. I have about 80k on this APR.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Well the bright side of this is that it happened while I was in Vegas where my shop is. I'm 99% sure they have a spare pump there and may even have some internals or an already upgraded one.

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
I rebuilt my original pump with Integrated Engineering internals. Its been almost 2 years and 10k miles without incident on a K04. The cam follower wear has been comparable to the stock pump (minimal).

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I rebuilt my original pump with Integrated Engineering internals. Its been almost 2 years and 10k miles without incident on a K04. The cam follower wear has been comparable to the stock pump (minimal).

Thanks for the input. IE makes good stuff.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I'm thinking when I remove the oem internal bits...I will compare the calipered measurements to that of the Autotech. Curious since they use the same piston diameter to know what they do to the piston guide and/or piston length allowing it to provide up to "50% more pressure" that they say it will.

I almost went with Integrated's but wanted a new hpfp, because I am having suspicious concerns about my regulator, and internals for le$$.

Given, on the MK5, I am putting less than "3k miles /year" now...80k to 100k miles will give the Autotech much time.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Turned out was an extreme case of plugs and coil packs. Very weird as there were no symptoms leading to it, just limp mode. Explains the fuel smell.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinking when I remove the oem internal bits...I will compare the calipered measurements to that of the Autotech. Curious since they use the same piston diameter to know what they do to the piston guide and/or piston length allowing it to provide up to "50% more pressure" that they say it will.

I almost went with Integrated's but wanted a new hpfp, because I am having suspicious concerns about my regulator, and internals for le$$.

Given, on the MK5, I am putting less than "3k miles /year" now...80k to 100k miles will give the Autotech much time.

It's been a long time since seeing them back to back but their internals are noticably beefier than stock iirc. But it's been years since I have seen them back to back.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Right, same here...and why I want to get their specs from both the oem and Autotech. I could do it anytime but lazy getting out there and removing the piston nut/seal.