GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPFP Help!!!

FlaDubNut

Rice Eater
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2DR
Can someone tell me how to remove the fuel line clamp on the bottom of the HPFP?? I'm trying to install an APR HPFP. Thanks!!

FlaDubNut

Rice Eater
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2DR
I've been trying to pry the stupid thing off but I was afraid I would break something

Spectre

Ready to race!
I've been trying to pry the stupid thing off but I was afraid I would break something

I think they are a one time use only. Cheap ass shit. Cut it off and replace it with a nice hose clamp. You may have to wedge a flathead in there to separate it a bit then get the cutters on it. I did that with the purge vale.

Car(s)
Subaru
????

cut what off? you shouldnt had cut anything off. hope your low pressure line isnt too short now haha. you can buy a new hose for a dollar but still, im confused what you cut

Spectre

Ready to race!
????

cut what off? you shouldnt had cut anything off. hope your low pressure line isnt too short now haha. you can buy a new hose for a dollar but still, im confused what you cut

The clamp that doesn't come off unless you destroy it. He's straight. Car is good it looks like.

Spectre

Ready to race!
mine was is a squeeze clamp. vw must have used 2 different types. i thought you told him to cut the hose haha

I don't think his was. Mine looked to be one of those bullshit one-time use clamps like on the N80 purge valve. I told him to cut that off. Squeeze clamps are much thicker. I think that would have been harder to cut for sure. Squeeze clamps can be a bitch too though. No cutting hose though. :biggrin:

FlaDubNut

Rice Eater
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2DR
The hose is very short and that clamp does not want to let go. Otherwise its not that hard.