GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to stop a stalker

davesee

FIA GT Champion
I know this is an odd forum to post a question like this. But I seem to recall a couple officers of law who frequent this site.

I go way back on these forums from the day I bought my '06 GTI brand new.. no longer have it, sold it to put more money towards my first house.

Anyhow, I have been dating this girl for over a year now. She has been divorced for nearly two years and has two children with this ex. This guy really is scum, his children are scared of him and can't stand when they have to spend the weekend with him. (Court ordered) He has anger issues, and from what I can tell is bipolar. He does things to get at my girlfriend with no regard to the harm it is causing the children.

I have been to court, to defend myself against false accusations, on multiple occasions. (All successfully) I have also taken a ppo out against this person as he had called and threatened me and exhibited unstable mental behavior.

That PPO expired, and didn't do much good anyway as this person continued to drive down my street on a fairly frequent basis. He has even stopped at my driveway a few times to yell obscenities and the like. He's also followed me while driving in to work to yell more of who knows what....

My street is not a shortcut by any means and driving down it means he is going out of his way to drive by.

I am able to defend myself as I have a small arsenal at my disposal :biggrin:, but you can't prepare for everything. Especially if I am not home.

I am wondering what I could legally do to get this to stop. I am bound to work and don't have time to play around in court - as this guy does...

Does anyone have experience in situations like this. Any suggestions?
:help:

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV CW
beat the sht out of him

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV CW
well then i suppose good legal documentation so that when he slips up and crosses the line u can get him locked up.

That PPO expired
can u get it renewed or a new one?

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
Legally... there really arent any. Follow him one day until he gets to his house after hes at the bar or whatnot... and pull a gun on him and press it up against his head between his eyes... tell him if you ever see him following you or trying to contact your old lady again that youll be back. Then leave. Hell get the idea and wont bother you again. Trust me on this one.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
I probably could, but it generally takes two days off of work - one to file a motion + $35 and another to stand in front of a judge next to the guy and hear him tell lies to the judge to try and stop the ppo from going through.

I don't really know if it's worth it because they only last 90 days. And it didn't stop him last time I had one.

I've pretty much lost faith in our legal system.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
Go to Costco and buy a 4 camera HD Home Surveillance kit. 1 camera on each corner of your house. Submit 2 weeks of footage to your local PD

I'm thinking of going this route. I've captured him a couple times driving by on my phone vid, and one with him yelling at me... but the quality wasn't the best

J-DUB

got splashback?
Legally... there really arent any. Follow him one day until he gets to his house after hes at the bar or whatnot... and pull a gun on him and press it up against his head between his eyes... tell him if you ever see him following you or trying to contact your old lady again that youll be back. Then leave. Hell get the idea and wont bother you again. Trust me on this one.

this, guy is full of crap anyways, nobody will believe you did that in the first place.

but you must follow up with, "if you try to shoot me first, you better kill be because I will kill you with the next shot" then give him the crazy stare:eyebulge:

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
this, guy is full of crap anyways, nobody will believe you did that in the first place.QUOTE]

Exactly why it works. If no believes you can, and the guy would call the cops, they wouldnt believe you did it. And it scares the fuck out of the guy and he leaves you alone.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
I think this guy is so mental that it would only provoke him to burn my house down in the middle of the night while I'm asleep. He is that unstable.

Plus, I'm no gangster guys... I was hoping for some insight on legal courses of action

Chris@RT

Banned
Had a similar situation actually. Separated 3 kids, her ex had a live in GF with her kid yet he would still come over and break into her house to harass her. Restraining order she had on him was ONLY when the kids were around to prevent him from coming and pretending to play like they were one big happy family. So he would drop them off at school and come bother her or leave them with his GF and come by in the middle of the night to see if i was there.

I get the part where he was pissed I was now involved with here and there was no legal divorce at the time but the girl he was seeing was living at his (partially owned by the girl I was seeing) house, the girls kid was sharing a room with one of my girls kids. taking their toys, clothes etc.. Yet he had the balls to constantly harass her for seeing someone.

I was there one morning when he had the kids for the week, he kicked in the front door as i was getting out of the shower, kicks in the bathroom door to find me standing there nude. Starts yelling "how dare she" etc etc I'm coming after him (nude) chasing him out while she calls the cops.

On his way out he rams into my car busting the tailight, bumper and rear qtr.

Cops come, don't care that he broke the door down that wasn't breaking and entering. Cop tries to give me a ticket for expired tags because he thinks the 02 (february) means 2002 and I'm 5 years expired. Also first name on my registration at the time was my mom so says I legally can't file a claim my mom has to fly down and do it.. (BS).. Then eventually he just said since we only saw him get in his truck but then heard the burn out and smash but couldn't see it we had no proof it was him and someone probably did it in the middle of the night. The message was clear out of state guy comes into town takes his country boys wife he will do nothing he is required to do as part of his job to help me or her.

This was towards the end but not the cause of the end but even after it was over he would call my cell phone and harrass me, luckily I had two so ended up just getting rid of the one he knew. When we were together he woudl call ever 10-15 minutes ALL night long every few days. He had no intentions of getting back with her it was just she left him and therefore no one else could have her.

So from my experience which was like yours not much you can do. You can try and get another restraining order but that is just paper, it doesn't stop crazy. Make sure the girl you are dating though is ok with it. Remeber it is the father of her children and you getting him thrown in jail even if she hates him may not win you points. It never really came to that wih the girl I was seeing but tht is what stopped her from calling the cops on him in the past when he beat her or disappeared for days.

She is out and divorced so you probably have a little better luck there then I would have if it had come to it but still feel it out with her. Only so much you can do to encorce it though if he is just driving by screaming it may not be enough. if he comes up your lawn may be enough to enforce the ppo.. michigan has some sort of castle laws I think so he'd probably have to be in the front door with crazy eyes to use the arsenal.

oh recently divorced sex obsessed chicks are awesome :)

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
Im not a "gangster" either... im a white guy that grew up around italians and specific families.