GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to replace N80 canister purge valve?

kostecki

What do you mean fuel cap? - Cork?
I do not know what to do about the error is deleted the
will remain in effect only feel once in 5000km gasoline
I do not know where to start.
This topic does not have a lot of what you provided a link
but it seeks through :)

ninohale

Dub 2.0
Car(s)
'06 MKV BMP
Ive had this same problem for about a year... I have replaced the N80 valve and the fuel cap....

Still need to do EVAP canister and go from there....

ninohale

Dub 2.0
Car(s)
'06 MKV BMP
Ive had this same problem for about a year... I have replaced the N80 valve and the fuel cap....

Still need to do EVAP canister and go from there....

kostecki

and where is the EVAP canister??
only what intrigues me is the cap for that dumb after all there's nothing
I watched him carefully seal closes the whole looks pretty ok

Sanzio

Maschinenbauingenieur
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I was finally able to pull a vacuum on the hose that attaches to the left side of the N80 valve and got nothing, the gauge never moved to indicate a vacuum.

Are we sure that hose is suppose to hold a vacuum?

Yes. If you measure the vacuum into the hose that goes from the n80 and into the double-check valve you must show vacuum. Obviously, you have to disconnect your n80 valve from its left side and then connect your vacuum pump. You should see a vacuum because the double-check valve works only in a once-way basis by not letting return back the vapors into the n80. That is what i can tell you for now.

BTW, sorry for the late response but i am not being notified by email.

Good luck!

bbong73

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey no problem...ok so I guess I need to replace the double check valve because if I remember correctly it did not hold vacuum. Let me see when I can do this and post back my results. Thanks

Maximum6

FASTER
N10199201

how do you guys get these clips off?

Sanzio

Maschinenbauingenieur
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Try to unlock them using a flat screwdriver (don't worry they are disposable). You will need to buy new ones in order to replace the removed ones.

TIP: Use a pair of nose pliers to grab one part of the clamp, unless you have strong enough fingers, you will not be able to unlock them.

Maximum6

FASTER
^ i tried using pliers.

I even practiced on the O2 sensor that i just replaced (it has the same kind of clip on it).
Unfortunately i was not able to unlock them, nor do i have new clips on hand.

Sanzio

Maschinenbauingenieur
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
That's weird, I struggled myself a little bit but I made it...I did use nose pliers and the screwdriver as a "lever". Just apply more force, taking care of not harming the metal pipe or valves, as I said it is kind of hard...you should think you want to destroy the clamps while unlocking them.

I don't think it is a problem using worm clamps or alike to fasten the hoses back again, as long as you secure the connections.

Good Luck!

cbx750p

Yo Bros, for the past year or two I have been getting a problem with hot starting or rather initial idle after cranking.

After parking the car hot for several minutes, cranking it up would give me an idle of about 750 rpm & straggling....and the engine dies out subsequently. However, if I jab the gas pedal once, the rpm shoot up and proper idle of 900 rpm is achieved once again. Once in a while I would get an error indicating that Bank1 Too Lean at Idle...

Also noticed that the Charcoal Canister Wrong Flow error appears as well. People are saying that the is something wrong with the Evap system is faulty.

Wonder if my issues have anyting to do with this N80, Double Check Valve issues ?

Sanzio

Maschinenbauingenieur
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I do not think your issue is related to EVAP system, rather EVAP-related issues have to do with emissions outputs.

Moreover, the N80 valve issue does not show symptons one can detect (only the MIL on the cluster).