GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How-to Porsche Cayenne / VW Toureg / Audi Q7 Brembo brakes.

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
I will update this thread with any and all info I learn from the install as well as pictures, measurments and preformance reviews.

tomshouse516

Car(s)
09 GT1
Sorry I have been off the forums for a while, I moved and a ton of other things I am working on the follow up for this tread and will update it soon.

ktm25089

Passed Driver's Ed
I have one set of 18z calipers.One friend have one set of new 345mm R32 front discs.Will this work?Because everywhere i see the ML type discs.

Thanks
George

tomshouse516

Car(s)
09 GT1
The brakes have been installed since mid september, they bolted right up with the parts listed with minimal effort. You have to do a little grinding on the caliper and control arm because they touch at full lock, when you test fit them turn to full lock and you will see where.

The braking force is phenomenal and immediate, I also installed a 328mm Brembo 4 piston rear kit to compliment the fronts and they are wonderful. Very modular, light pressure gets light braking heavier you go the harder they stop.

The rear kit was used and the caliper hung off the rotor quite a bit when I received them, I threw the brackets on a milling machine and relocated the mounting points 10mm to get the caliper to sit correctly.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Can someone tell me what Porsche these are from?
They are 4 pot front and back.(large pistons not the smaller ones) I think cayenne but could be mistsken .
Picked these up for 250€ so going to try make them work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 4,033

saddart

Passed Driver's Ed
Can someone tell me what Porsche these are from?
They are 4 pot front and back.(large pistons not the smaller ones) I think cayenne but could be mistsken .
Picked these up for 250€ so going to try make them work.

They are a from a 986 boxster. U can use them wif stock rotors size if u wanted to. There is a thread on it, on the uk gti website

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Super old thread bump. I ended up using the 17z setup mentioned here with all correct hardware and hub rings. I'm having an issue with the rotors. They are ML350 rotors but they contact the ball joint and outer pad stop pins in the caliper. I for the life of me cannot figure out what the issue is, it's as if the rotors are just too thick since there's no way to move them inboard or outboard on the hub and it's contacting on both sides. Anyone have any ideas!? Any help will be appreciated.

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
Super old thread bump. I ended up using the 17z setup mentioned here with all correct hardware and hub rings. I'm having an issue with the rotors. They are ML350 rotors but they contact the ball joint and outer pad stop pins in the caliper. I for the life of me cannot figure out what the issue is, it's as if the rotors are just too thick since there's no way to move them inboard or outboard on the hub and it's contacting on both sides. Anyone have any ideas!? Any help will be appreciated.
Just happened to come across this thread while doing some research.

I believe the ML350 rotors are 350mm. You need 330mm rotors for 17z calipers. The 330mm may also be thinner and fit correctly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk