GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HOW TO: Perform your airbag TSB

plac

GTI Master
The only problem with this.. is the car wont have a record of having this TSB done. but who really cares. All you really want is your car fixed anyway.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't mind doing it myself. And I wouldn't mind having the dealer do it for me. However, what I do mind is the using the solder instead of some butt (female/male connectors). I'm just anal like that. I like to do my electrical work nice and clean with connectors and heat shrink. The yellow tape part is a good to know tid bit. Oh well, I have an appt with the dealer on Wednesday and I want connectors to be used. So if they say they are going to solder it I will either see if I can talk them into connectors, or if not I will do it myself. It's a simple job, I'd just like to have it documented. Guess that's another part of being anal. Again, great write up plac. So simple yet so important. I'm sure we haven't heard the last of the Airbag Fault Light threads.

plac

GTI Master
cool cool.. ya my fault hasnt come back yet, and ive had a passenger a few times now. could be luck... but maybe this fix actually worked.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
so even after you do this still need a vag-com to clear the light yeah?

if so then i will leave it for the dealer as i dont have vag-com and not paying the high price they are asking for it either.

SSS_Hoon

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Once you do about 3000 of these, you can do both seats in half hour or less and cutting out half those above steps.

The factory pre-made bypass harness has heatshrikable connectors with goo inside. So when you are done, heat it up and the connector shrink wraps the whole repair...then spits out waterproof silicone like goo that hardens for a perfect water tight repair.

doctorgonzo

Anti-spin doctor
The factory pre-made bypass harness has heat-shrinkable connectors with goo inside. So when you are done, heat it up and the connector shrink wraps the whole repair...then spits out waterproof silicone like goo that hardens for a perfect water tight repair.

I really hope I never need a water-proof connection in my interior, under the seat. If I do, there are worse problems then a light on the dash.:rolleyes:

ard

Ready to race!
would it be possible to get these image links fixed for this diy? or i don't suppose anyone has a pdf of this diy from when the images existed?

this should be added to dpham00 2.0T issues sig, i had to search way too long to find this thread

ard

Ready to race!
trying again.... could i just get a picture of the connector that needs to be bypassed?

plac

GTI Master
I am fixing all these pics per a request from someone. i havent logged in here in years.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Any details on this TSB? The link in the OP does not work, nor do any of the links in other posts about this issue.

This weekend I was wiring up my new boost gauge. I had the batter disconnected for a while. I also accidentally powered up the car with the headlight and dimmer switches unplugged. But at no time did I power up with any airbag switches disconnected. Nevertheless, I now have an "Airbag Fault".

Also at one point I leaned on the power adjuster for the drivers seat. It caused the seat to go all the way back. I'm wondering if doing so put stress on this infamous connector.

I guess the only way to find out for sure is to have the car scanned.

<== Needs a VAG-COM tool!