GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to Find what exact model i have for Insurance and what Alarm Fitted HELP please ??

globalmark

Hi Guys
just purchased a 2013 Mk6 Golf Match TDI- Btech DSG , but advert was different and thats been removed now , - and need to Insure it .. and also need type of Alarm if it has one , there is a red light on door so i presume it has something factory fitted (not in Manual that i can see)
So trying to find out the Exact Model , I have VIN, License plate and all Paperwork
but all it Says on the V5 is 2013 Golf Match TDI B-Tech , but on lots sites there is no such thing comes up with a S, SE or 109 104 BHP but mine according to DVLA is 105BHP
Engine Number is CAYCS37230 not sure if that helps .

So anyone knows a place i can check or can check that would be great , so many variations out there ..
Thanks Mark

GolNat

Autocross Champion
When your insurance company inputs your VIN into their system it should come up with all that info.
There are online VIN decoders.

globalmark

Hu Golnat - sunday here in the UK all closed so was doing the online compare things , i did a insurance quote but still nice to know , Pretty sure might be basic Match version even though pretty sure ad was a SE or CC or something but i didnt copy the AD , and bought the car now so dont make a difference , just nice to know in future

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
What kind of back alley insurance company you using where they cant just take your vin and look up the vehicle for you?

globalmark

just was online comparison site - cant remember which one now , started does it have a Alarm- no idea as only got car yesterday , but think most have factory fitted one , then just gave list car models - which couldnt do , no worries i will phone the insurance when open tomorrow ..
Thanks

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
What kind of back alley insurance company you using where they cant just take your vin and look up the vehicle for you?

LMFAO, [choke, gasp, gurgle] :ROFLMAO: My exact thought, too funny. All they need is the VIN, and all is revealed.

azikormaz

You will never have problems with your insurance if you insure your car at a goof any. Also, it is important to choose the right modifications. You can read about them on moneyexpert.com. For example, two months ago my car was stolen. I was taking lunch in a road cafe, and when I went out, I couldn't find my car. I called the police, and they weren't able to find it. I was outraged and upset at the same moment. The insurance company offered me half the price of the car as compensation. At that moment, it was the best thing I could ever hear.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Depends on too many things to give a blanket recommendation (age, gender, location, how much driving you do, how the car is stored, driving history, what you ate for breakfast, etc). Just call the big companies and get quotes from all to compare, then pick the cheapest one with the best coverage.