GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How often do you change your oil?

radiohead1075

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Having not owned a car that uses synthetic oil before, it makes me a bit nervous to let it go so long between oil changes. Been getting it changed every 5k even though the owners manual states that the oil change should be done every 10k.

Am I wasting my money? What mileage intervals does everyone else here get their oil changed?

(Driving is probably 70% highway/30% city)

JhnR

Banned
every 5k

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
3k, revo 2 also

yaranaika

i have 33k miles on my gti and have never changed the oil. i have an AMSOIL Ultra Fine Bypass Filtration system that only requires the filter to be changed at recommended yearly or 25k miles. the actual oil really will have to be changed at 100k miles or when oil analysis shows it's needed. mostly people use these on diesel engines but they work on any vehicle.

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
I still change my oil around 3000 - 3500 miles......cheap insurance if you ask me......

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
i have 33k miles on my gti and have never changed the oil. i have an AMSOIL Ultra Fine Bypass Filtration system that only requires the filter to be changed at recommended yearly or 25k miles. the actual oil really will have to be changed at 100k miles or when oil analysis shows it's needed. mostly people use these on diesel engines but they work on any vehicle.

warranty?
and dont you have to keep adding oil?

RHCPCraze

Ready to race!
APR chipped. Change the oil every 4K, check and top off every 1K