GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How do you turn off parking pilot display?

C42480

Passed Driver's Ed
I remember seeing something some where on how to turn off the parking pilot display when in reverse but the sonar still works.
When the car is put in reverse there is a picture of a car on the left of the screen and it displays what sonar sensor is going off and how close you are. I saw a post before of turning it off with vcds and after over an hour of searching i can't find it. Is there any one that can help me out with the coding for it or finding the post? Thanks

richiekuk

Ready to race!
I didn't think it was possible to turn this display off. If it is I'd love to know how aswell. As it covers almost half of the screen, rendering the reverse camera mostly useless!

ChrisK

Ready to race!
I don’t have the camera but you can turn the display off on a per use basis by pressing the parking sensor button.

When I do this it clears the screen back to whatever was on it before selecting reverse but I don’t know if doing this also clears the camera if you have one.

Take no notice of me as I’ve just doubled check this and turning the pilot off also kills the sonic.:eek:

Attachments

• OEM-font-b-OPS-b-font-Automatic-Parking-Radar-Switch-For-VW-font-b-Volkswagen-b.jpg
    OEM-font-b-OPS-b-font-Automatic-Parking-Radar-Switch-For-VW-font-b-Volkswagen-b.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 2,457
Last edited:

C42480

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you I found out how to turn it off with coding. I want the sonar to sound I just do not want the picture of the car to show in the screen as it takes up 1/3 of the screen.
If anyone wants to turn it off its easy.
Go into the coding under the park/steer assist module (#10). Than go to coding helper. I believe its byte 2 and uncheck optical parking system (ops). After that when you put in reverse the sonar sounds but the picture of the car is gone from the screen. This way you have use of the whole screen in reverse.
before

after